Heritage Owners Club

Best Amp in the World Poll

fxdx99

What's your all time favorite amp?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What's your all time favorite amp?

• Tweed (50s fender, supro, gibson)
    • Fender (60s brown/black/sliver)
    • Marshall
    • Mesa
    • Ampeg
    • Matchless
    • Vox
    • Roland
    • Other

My 8 watt '59 Tweed Gibsonette has a half blown out original speaker, but she really LOVES pedals and sounds sweet with both my Seth equipped 535, and Les Paul with P-90s.. :icon_thumright:

Stage amp is a 5F4 Tweed Super. It's been seen and heard at the PSPs. I like it ....... bunches.

Close second would be my Vox AC30CC1 - but due to Randy's poor timing (:aggressive_mini:) and server limits, it didn't make the list.

This is true, certainly it will get you 90% there!!! I love my Axe-Fx Standard, but there is something, not really tone but the feeling of the air being pushed when you plug into a great tube amp.

Really? Really? Gee, I seem to recall someone .... hmmmm, now who was that? ..... mentioning this very subject once before. Might have been on a long cell phone convo, oh, about last August. That's what I'm thinking. :rolleyes_mini:

Yipes.

This one is hard to say.

If you mean ANY Roland, then I would go with that (I am in a party of two on this poll at the moment!)

The power and weight of it along with the sound that has even fooled some connoisseurs into thinking I was playing through a boutique job for that SICK early rock tone it gets in the blackface models. Imagine their face when I told them what it was! haha. They were cool about it. Even though they make guitars for the very genre that I enjoy so much. They didn't get all snobby and turn their nose up at it.

Of course, that was after the conversation of how much they loved the sound of the guitar but just are having a hard time getting around the headstock. haha.

All these amp polls hurt my brain. I dont know what to pick for any of them.

A Mesa Dual Rec could be the best to use for some stuff and the worst to use for other stuff. Thats as close as I can get to an answer.

Stage amp is a 5F4 Tweed Super. It's been seen and heard at the PSPs. I like it ....... bunches.

Close second would be my Vox AC30CC1 - but due to Randy's poor timing (:aggressive_mini:) and server limits, it didn't make the list.

I heard a Beatle's tune last night, and there's something to be said for that bright, clear Vox tone, with a hair of breakup.

I heard a Beatle's tune last night, and there's something to be said for that bright, clear Vox tone, with a hair of breakup.

which Beatles Tune?

which Beatles Tune?

Oh, gosh, that was 4 days ago, I don't remember. But the Beatles were under contract to Vox and could only use their amps for a long time, so, many Beatles tunes were recorded w/vox amps.

Archived