Heritage Owners Club

Submit your Photos... Unique colors or finish

Needs a little prep to go into finish and I am looking for ideas. Thanks

If you are talking about from scratch. If it were me... I would go with a finish like this one of H's 150. I like the Cat's too. If I had to have a 150 I would have to have this color. You gotta' nice one H!

06b26dc8.jpg

If you are talking about from scratch. If it were me... I would go with a finish like this one of H's 150. I like the Cat's too. If I had to have a 150 I would have to have this color. You gotta' nice one H!

06b26dc8.jpg

Thanks for the mention, HFB :)

There are several finishes I've admired on the forum with top honours going to Brent's mini-humbucker 150 prior to a much darker refinish. I don't have a pic but it was the colour of butter caramel. Gibson do a slightly darker finish called DesertBurst.

And, of course, there's always clownburst ;)

Nice slab of maple, MM! I'd stay away from a less traditional finish. Might be exciting initially, but some of those finishes don't look quite as fab over time. I'd think you'd want to be careful to choose a finish that would let that wood do the talking, rather than distract from it. The color on Howard's is gorgeous! I'd always thought the burnt amber did beautiful lumber justice, too. Looking forward to your decision's result!

MM, I'm with the Prof on this one. Exremely odd, unique finishes loose luster and appeal over time (I think thats what he said - speed reading). With that natural/creme binding on the outside, I think it'd lend itself very well to a darker stain. But that body would look great in one of the less dark colors as well. Not completely natural, tho'. Maybe antique, burnt something, etc. More like the 59 bursts, maybe?

I just got my Unfinished Deluxe Limited Edition H-150 #92.

As expected a thin neck, 1 piece back, Monster flame.... Needs a little prep to go into finish and I am looking for ideas.

Thanks

PAISLEY....ITS THE NEW BLACK...DONT YOU KNOW :laugh_mini: :laugh_mini: :icon_puke_l:

I've seen Tiger eye on Carvin and PRS guitars as well. It really is quite striking. I believe they stain the top, which is absorbed more into the end grain on the figured top. then it gets sanded down, and then colored. it really makes the top "POP" out.

Carvin uses a similar "Deep Triple Step" stain on all of their premium guitars, so they all get a little extra pop on flamed and quilted tops:

CT6Ma.jpg

I have seen these before and think they are cool but I am curious as to how much enhancing the photos have experienced.

Straight from my 5+ year old 4.0 megapixel Olympus point and shoot, to my iMac to photobucket. No enhancing needed - they look much better in person - especially the Tigers Eye Burst.

Archived