Heritage Owners Club

Need A Carry-On Amp For Trips

I am flying to Idaho at the end of the week and I need an amp that will fit in overhead storage... say no more than a foot in any direction.

Thinking about

VOX AC4tv Mini

Roland Micro Cube

Blackstar HT-1

Any suggestions/recommendations/warnings? The purpose will be to play some Hoagy Carmichael for my future mother-in-law.

I am flying to Idaho at the end of the week and I need an amp that will fit in overhead storage... say no more than a foot in any direction.

Thinking about

VOX AC4tv Mini

Roland Micro Cube

Blackstar HT-1

Any suggestions/recommendations/warnings? The purpose will be to play some Hoagy Carmichael for my future mother-in-law.

I'd probably go with the Roland as it will have the effects you want. The rest are good amps but will be dry and for the sake of convenience, I'd go with the Roland. less to drag around.

http://www.ztamplifiers.com/products/lunchbox.html

I've one of these for small/portable. Like it a lot for what it is. Loud enough to gig with.

A lot more powerful than the Microcube, a little heavier, and few effects. Similar size. The Lunchbox looks like a serious amplifier. The Microcube isn't.

The Microcube almost certainly won't sound as good as the Lunchbox but can be had for about $90.

You put your money down and make your choice.

http://www.ztamplifiers.com/products/lunchbox.html

I've one of these for small/portable. Like it a lot for what it is. Loud enough to gig with.

Awesome little amps, I play along side one every Thursday.

Another that fits the similar size and "loud enough to gig with" is this. It's 8x8x8, not including the handle and chicken head knobs

http://www.mahaffayamps.com/little-lanilei-3350lt.htm

Here, alongside a 535 for reference. Made in USA (along with the guitar and even the strap!)

P1110809.jpg

These powerhouse amps are amazing.

If you want to tuck an amp in your suitcase so you can practice in your hotel room, they are more than you need. If you are going to gig, the MicroCube won't be adequate.

But if your plane goes down into the snow topped Andes and you have some time on your hands waiting for the rescuers, the MicroCube runs on batteries- a distinct advantage.

Get a Line 6 Pocket or regular Pod and plug it into a stereo or a PA system. That or any other multi-effect pedal with a 1/4 output jack.

do you have a Line 6 Pocket or regular Pod, DB?

Thinking about

VOX AC4tv Mini

Roland Micro Cube

Blackstar HT-1

I had missed the line about the end of the week. Fuggetabout the little lanilei.

I've had other Roland Cube amps, they're great bang for the buck, with enough features to keep you busy with out needing any other gear, and easy to locate on short notice.

I ended up disregarding everyone's advice and ordering an AC4TV Mini, primarily because

Sweetwater could guarantee it would beat me to Idaho. :)

I will just be playing guitar for some friends and family in a small room.

We will see how it works out.

Yeah, for a small room the lunchbox amp is overkill ....

Interesting choice..

51Y4tzvke3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This up-to-date Class A version retains the distinctive EL84 power tube of the original and features a 12AX7 powered pre-amp, delivering the pure British tone that is loved by all. By adjusting the volume and tone settings, you can create a broad range of tones from a sweet, clean sound to that distinctive VOX overdrive sound.Switchable output level: Crank it up and turn it down! In the past, the only way to obtain great-sounding distortion using a single volume knob was to simply crank the volume. The AC4TVmini provides an attenuator switch that allows the output power to be set at 4 Watts, 1 Watt or even 1/10th of a Watt.

I ended up disregarding everyone's advice and ordering an AC4TV Mini, primarily because

That's all you're doing? You should be fine, just remember if the amp has a bass control to turn it all the way down because I've found humbuckers don't get along well with small speakers....

Guest HRB853370

OK, we get it now. You are making a trip to Idaho, eat some fresh potatoes, meet the "prospective in-laws", dazzle them with your Heritage guitar and chops, then hope they give their daughter's hand to you to marry. Is that the scenario?

Guest HRB853370

You're right on, except for the fact that I won't fly my Heritages anywhere. I'm taking the

G&L S-500 Deluxe I bought on here a few months ago :)

Good luck!!

Got one, like it! For the $s you should be quite happy.

You're right on, except for the fact that I won't fly my Heritages anywhere. I'm taking the

G&L S-500 Deluxe I bought on here a few months ago :)

But you never have a second chance to make a first impression. If you best guitar is too good for them, what does that say about their daughter??? :icon_biggrin:

Archived