Heritage Owners Club

Don't Try This A Home!

So I played guitar for a little bit on Saturday, but stopped to get some stuff done around the house. Thought I turned my amp off. Went down stairs today and discovered my amp was unplugged and the stomp box was turned on. I asked if someone was messing with my amp and my wife said she unplugged it today when a thunderstorm rolled in. She said it was humming and unplugged it. Oh boy, amp was on for two days, stomp box on, and no guitars plugged in. OH NO! I plugged in the amp, found the standby and power switch were on, so no letting the tubes warm up! (Not intentional, just made an assumption my wife knew how to turn it off). So I left the amp alone for minute and heard the buzzing noise, which was very faint. Realized the stomp box was still on. Turned it off and buzz went away. Plugged in my guitar, and everything was fine. Checked both channels and played for a good hour.

Kudos to KBP810, you made a solid amp that takes this abuse I hope no one else does this at home.

Oh heavens, no. Not me. Not two FULL days...

It sounds as though the KBP810 is bulletproof. :icon_thumright:

Just nod, knowingly, to your wife, keep your cool, and inform her you were "Just breaking the tubes and speaker in; Standard stuff with a new amp, donchaknow...." At least that's what I'D do; At all costs, I avoid letting her know I screwed something ELSE up! haha.

Guest HRB853370

So I played guitar for a little bit on Saturday, but stopped to get some stuff done around the house. Thought I turned my amp off. Went down stairs today and discovered my amp was unplugged and the stomp box was turned on. I asked if someone was messing with my amp and my wife said she unplugged it today when a thunderstorm rolled in. She said it was humming and unplugged it. Oh boy, amp was on for two days, stomp box on, and no guitars plugged in. OH NO! I plugged in the amp, found the standby and power switch were on, so no letting the tubes warm up! (Not intentional, just made an assumption my wife knew how to turn it off). So I left the amp alone for minute and heard the buzzing noise, which was very faint. Realized the stomp box was still on. Turned it off and buzz went away. Plugged in my guitar, and everything was fine. Checked both channels and played for a good hour.

Kudos to KBP810, you made a solid amp that takes this abuse I hope no one else does this at home.

Don't ever assume that wives know how to properly deactivate your gear. I would think that there would have been a pretty big spark at the outlet when she yanked that plug out!

Sorry, but I don't see the big issue here. Two days isn't going to hurt that amp. Unless it's near some oily rags or something. :diablo_mini: Now, if that were a VOX AC30 or an early Marshall TSL/DSL, then ............... :angryfire:

Sorry, but I don't see the big issue here. Two days isn't going to hurt that amp. Unless it's near some oily rags or something. :diablo_mini: Now, if that were a VOX AC30 or an early Marshall TSL/DSL, then ............... :angryfire:

Thankfully, it was a well constructed KBP810 Reverb Deluxe amp. :icon_thumright:

I will readily admit I'm not an expert on amps or electronics in general, so don't flame me for askin' but, what exactly is the big deal about leaving the amp on with nothing plugged in? My Super Reverb had a burned out jewel bulb for years and often I would forget and leave it on for extended periods, didn't seem to be a problem.

I'm sure it isn't good for the tubes but anything besides that?

Guest HRB853370

I will readily admit I'm not an expert on amps or electronics in general, so don't flame me for askin' but, what exactly is the big deal about leaving the amp on with nothing plugged in? My Super Reverb had a burned out jewel bulb for years and often I would forget and leave it on for extended periods, didn't seem to be a problem.

Runs the F up out of your electric bill!

Really it's not that big of a deal in most cases... usually the worse you will do is shorten the tube life a little.

It's a completely different story if a speaker is not connected to it though... if you somehow left an amp on without a speaker connected, you might not need an amp tech, you might need a new amp.

If it was a solid state amp, I wouldn't think anything of it. Those are more like a stereo you turn on and keep on all day. The tube amps, however, do get hot and prolonged heat exposure causes components to fail and tubes to go bad. But thankfully, this amp wasn't based upon the old VOX or Soldano designs...

Guest HRB853370

She probably didn't know there was a power and standby switch on the back of the amp.

Understood, plus women find it much easier to just jerk it out!

If it was a solid state amp, I wouldn't think anything of it. Those are more like a stereo you turn on and keep on all day. The tube amps, however, do get hot and prolonged heat exposure causes components to fail and tubes to go bad. But thankfully, this amp wasn't based upon the old VOX or Soldano designs...

Careful Blues... You're treading on hallowed ground.

Be careful talking about women's technical abilities.

Take a look at this highly scientific MALE VS. FEMALE COMPARISON MACHINE-THINGY...

Now there's a thingy that say it all :icon_thumright:

Careful Blues... You're treading on hallowed ground.

Now there's a thingy that say it all :icon_thumright:

Darn, hoping you would catch that! I loved the Jet City amp that was designed by Soldano, but it did get hot like an AC15.

Darn, hoping you would catch that! I loved the Jet City amp that was designed by Soldano, but it did get hot like an AC15.

I called Bogner about the XTC's temps. He said: "Fuggetaboutit, just play the thing!" So I do.

The Soldanos I've used run cool in comparison to the class A amps I've used.

I called Bogner about the XTC's temps. He said: "Fuggetaboutit, just play the thing!" So I do.

The Soldanos I've used run cool in comparison to the class A amps I've used.

I guess I'll have to play a real Soldano one day... :good_mini:

That story needs to be part of kbp's ad campaign!

Someday we will see Brian be mentioned at Namm with company like \13, matchless, dr. Z, heritage.....then we will have to wait like 5 years to order one of his amps....lol

Someday we will see Brian be mentioned at Namm with company like \13, matchless, dr. Z, heritage.....then we will have to wait like 5 years to order one of his amps....lol

Thats what I was afraid of....and why I am picking up one at PSP!!! Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise and I get my new kitchen to where the family can survive during my absence.

Archived