Heritage Owners Club

157 Used Unreal Selling Price

602a

Heck yea I want all my Heritages to go up in price over time don't you?

Strange.

I am the sorta guy who wants prices to stay down so more people can enjoy Heritage guitars (myself included!). I don't care if my guitars "appreciate".

Strange.

I am the sorta guy who wants prices to stay down so more people can enjoy Heritage guitars (myself included!). I don't care if my guitars "appreciate".

+1

I could care less. You can't put a monetary value on what my Heritage guitars mean to me. I LOVE them, I play them, and I don't flip them.

The ONLY reason why I would like to see Heritages go up in value would be so the"cork" sniffers could then start posting on the web..... "Look at my new $4K Heritage"!!!!

+1

I could care less. You can't put a monetary value on what my Heritage guitars mean to me. I LOVE them, I play them, and I don't flip them.

The ONLY reason why I would like to see Heritages go up in value would be so the"cork" sniffers could then start posting on the web..... "Look at my new $4K Heritage"!!!!

Give that man a cigar !

Well I guess it's a mute point. Everytime someone wants to sell one and they don't get enough offers I guess they are over priced. Or they complain they get too little for their Heritage due to the economy. I guess you can't please everyone.

Previously owned Heritage guitars on eBay tend to have been underpriced for a loooooooooooooooong time. How grateful I am to their builders as well as those to have sold to me my meager accumulation of five... All wonderful in their own way! Am very honored to own them all!

Dey stayin fo' good in de house or playin' on stage! Not gwine sell ANY o' dem down de river!

Nothin wrong with some good ole appreciation that i can see wether you plan on selling or not. We all know plans can change so if it came to selling time who's gonna be mad it's worth more? Not I. As for a buyer, ummmmm not so good.

Nothin wrong with some good ole appreciation that i can see wether you plan on selling or not. We all know plans can change so if it came to selling time who's gonna be mad it's worth more? Not I. As for a buyer, ummmmm not so good.

Thank you.

I'd like to see used Heritages go for more money as an indication of more appreciation of their true value.

But only after I'm done buying them for myself..... hmmmm, not sure that I'm done buying them yet. Never mind.

Either way is a mixed bag. I am fine with them appreciating in price so that people do not sell them for peanuts, that seems fair. Plus it is nice when you see people appreciating the brand.

I also like them being reasonably priced because, well, it makes them easier to buy! I also tend to be a bit surprised when people price their guitars outside what the market tends to support. It also seems a bit unrealistic, if not disingenuous on some level, to price it to where it makes more sense to just buy it new. Not that you need to give them way, however, in this market I would not expect the price of fifteen year old guitars (or much anything else) to start peaking. Mostly though, I just like them being reasonably priced for selfish reasons, namely buying them without breaking the bank or my marriage over it. ;)

As far as used Heritages going for more being good or bad, it kind of depends on which side of the fence you are on. They are probably always going to be a smaller and lesser-known company than Gibson, and they are still making custom shop guitars at relatively reasonable prices. I would not imagine they would appreciate all THAT much when, unlike Gibson, there is no Heritage "Holy Grail" model/year/etc., and when for a few hundred dollars more you could have a brand new Heritage, done exactly how you wanted it, and you do not have the upcharge you would with most any other manufacturer. I know I am just stating the obvious, yet anything custom with a limited market is probably going to be different than the big names, although Hamers seem to be going up (retail and used), and the H-535 and Golden Eagle seem to fair pretty well in maintaining some reasonable level of value.

We'll see how the economy affects guitar sales. As I write this, the Dow is down over 300 today and most American's wealth has dropped about 10% in the last 10 days. Housing values and retirement funds are 30-40% lower than in 2007. We all expected 5-10% growth per year on investments. So that means we have about half what we planned on back in 2007.

You can quibble over the numbers, but they are in the ballpark.

We all hope the economy recovers and soon. But I hear from sellers that this is a tough time to sell guitars and a good time to buy.

I personally don't believe that investment is a good reason to buy a guitar now, with rare exception. But if you are suffering from GAS pains, they may be temporarily more affordable. Remember that on the other side of the transaction, there may be a brother in pain.

To sell, to buy... We all want to buy low and sell high. So if someone gets $1600 for their 157, awesome. If someone buys one for $1000, that's sweet too. I know if an opportunity came up to buy another Heritage at the right price, I'd buy it. Just like if the right offer came in for what I have, I'd take it. (Don't get your hopes up on the 140, the price for that will make you think twice!)

To sell, to buy... We all want to buy low and sell high. So if someone gets $1600 for their 157, awesome. If someone buys one for $1000, that's sweet too. I know if an opportunity came up to buy another Heritage at the right price, I'd buy it. Just like if the right offer came in for what I have, I'd take it. (Don't get your hopes up on the 140, the price for that will make you think twice!)

Mr. DB, do me a favor and buy that black H157 that keeps popping up on Detroit's Craigslist. Either that or kill that seller.

Mr. DB, do me a favor and buy that black H157 that keeps popping up on Detroit's Craigslist. Either that or kill that seller.

I've told that tool on many occasions he wants too much for it. So I'm happy now to just keep flagging him. At one point he had over a dozen instruments on the C.L. at once. I think he bought guitars as investment pieces or someone left him in a will. None of them appear to be played, but he wants almost top dollar for any of them. His most common postings are for the 157 or an 80's MIJ Squire Contemporary Strat (superstrat).

Frank, people keep pounding you. It's time for someone else in the barrel.

I guess since a certain person left I'm the whipping boy. I have big shoulders though. I tell you what i'll give a certain person Half what he paid for his Heritage just so we can all enjoy them. How's That?

I guess since a certain person left I'm the whipping boy. I have big shoulders though. I tell you what i'll give a certain person Half what he paid for his Heritage just so we can all enjoy them. How's That?

I wouldn't worry too much Frank. I for one am glad that prices might be coming up a little on Heritage Guitars.

They are worth it and I can't help but think it will only help Heritage the company in the long run.

I just sold my H-157 for $1899.00 on the Bay and the buyer was very pleased. He is a professional musician

and it's his 8th Heritage. He loves them all

I wouldn't worry too much Frank. I for one am glad that prices might be coming up a little on Heritage Guitars.

They are worth it and I can't help but think it will only help Heritage the company in the long run.

I just sold my H-157 for $1899.00 on the Bay and the buyer was very pleased. He is a professional musician

and it's his 8th Heritage. He loves them all

Thanks Skydog, I didn't start this to piss on anyone's corn flakes but I guess I did. I would think guitars are like old cars if you have a good one they hold their value and sometimes increase. Heritage are very good ones. I'm just glad to see the older ones are doing just that. I guess not everyone feels that way.

Archived