Heritage Owners Club

Super Eagle Saga Finale

MartyGrass

This little gem had a couple of issues when I got it. The master volume was not linear in dialing down the output, as is usually the case. The remaining electronics were okay but the pots also had spots in them where either volume or tone would fall off quickly. The bridge pup was too distant from the strings. This problem was previously resolved with shims. Lastly, the neck pup was rotated clockwise.

A new harness was designed and constructed by Billy at RS Guitarworks. Here it is:

super_eagle.jpg

The master volume is close to linear and doesn't have nearly as much treble roll off as the original pot. The other pots are better. The tone is very clean and rich. No complaints but this is not a cheap upgrade.

The neck pup was corrected. It required rerouting since the initial routing was not square. Here are the before and after pics.

DSC00867.jpgp1010002.jpg?t=1313095894p1010004.jpg

The bridge pup looks like it could use a slight counterclockwise twist as well, but that's really because I need to tighten the shimming.

So all turned out well. Pete Moreno did the harness install and bridge pup rerouting. No gaps, and it looks almost new.

It's a sunset burst. Heritage does them well. Brentrocks has a great example on his recent H150. You don't have to look far to find others on HOC either.

I have never seen a more perfect example of it---seriously, that is what a guitar should be. (sorry abt the drool!)

Marty', I've had a P-90 Super Eagle for four years. It's an amazing instrument. I'd be interested in a review, particularly of what you think of its sound. Yours is a beauty! Congrats on getting it straightened out.

I'm glad you had everything work out for you Mark. That one is a beauty!

That color is hard one to pull off and it's a beauty. Enjoy.p1010002.jpg?t=1313095894

That is fantastic, looks like one beautiful tonal monster! On a different note, this was probably asked before, but did you ever ask Heritage to fix the pup routing issue?

I bought the guitar used that way. They had no duty to straighten the routing. The correction was not a big task since I was pulling all the electronics out to install a new harness.

In my situation it is easier to have such work done privately. Kalamazoo is blessed with several exceptional luthiers with their own shops.

Archived