Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitar display at museum

MartyGrass

I visited the Kalamazoo Valley Museum (for the millionth time) recently. Heritage has been a supporter with two displays. I thought I would show them to y'all.

First, there is a video that shows how they build a guitar.

2011-08-20160742.jpg

The guitar is displayed. It's a beauty.

2011-08-20160708.jpg2011-08-20160654.jpg

Prominently displayed, as it should be.

The Fretboard Festival which is held there in the spring is a great event. Seminars, educational presentations, live music and representatives from many of the area guitar makers as well as demonstrations.

I saw Ren and his band perform there a few years ago too.

The museum isn't that large, but it's fun.

Sometimes it's scary though and makes me feel old. For example, they have a Beatles album, a Nokia cell phone, a Polaroid camera and a boom box as display items. There is an actual record player, too.

Few realize that the original Yellow Cabs were made at the Checker plant in Kalamazoo. Here's an old picture of Schundog standing in front of one of them.

de niro taxi.jpg

The museum isn't that large, but it's fun.

Sometimes it's scary though and makes me feel old. For example, they have a Beatles album, a Nokia cell phone, a Polaroid camera and a boom box as display items. There is an actual record player, too.

Few realize that the original Yellow Cabs were made at the Checker plant in Kalamazoo. Here's an old picture of Schundog standing in front of one of them.

de%20niro%20taxi.jpg

That looks just like Brian! B)

Guest HRB853370

I visited the Kalamazoo Valley Museum (for the millionth time) recently. Heritage has been a supporter with two displays. I thought I would show them to y'all.

First, there is a video that shows how they build a guitar.

2011-08-20160742.jpg

The guitar is displayed. It's a beauty.

2011-08-20160708.jpg2011-08-20160654.jpg

Heritage Guitar Works, instead of Heritage Guitar, Inc?

Yes, it's a great museum and as Doug stated the Fretboard festival is a wonderful spring event. Our duo played in the Fretboard competition this year, we lived to tell about it :laughing7: We didn't win, but it was a good learning experience. Maybe, we could get together as a Heritage group and do the festival then out to dinner?

Yes, it's a great museum and as Doug stated the Fretboard festival is a wonderful spring event. Our duo played in the Fretboard competition this year, we lived to tell about it :laughing7: We didn't win, but it was a good learning experience. Maybe, we could get together as a Heritage group and do the festival then out to dinner?

+1 :thumbsup:

Genricmusic, maybe we could each try to remind each other about gathering at the festival. I'll bet we could get a few folks together for fellowship and dinner when the time comes.

Archived