Heritage Owners Club

Stolen Heritage Alert

jaywolfe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your point is, save your best silverware and china for that sacred occasion? Is it worth sounding crappy just to have the peace of mind that your Heritages are locked up safely? C'mon now Barry, just don't leave your gear unattended. Thats my rule of thumb. I would not think twice about shooting somebody I saw trying to make off with any of my Heritage gear. Now I am not saying take your best Heritage out to a gig, as shit happens on stage. I was at a blues jam last month and witnessed a fellow carting his amp off the stage and he was not paying much attention as he ran into a guitar stand and almost knocked an expensive Givesum LP Supreme off the stand, had I not been right there to catch it!

I agree, while I take care of my gear as well as I can, I bought the stuff to use. I play my 150 nearly exclusively and carry an SG standard as a backup. as soon as I can snag another Heritage I'm sure the SG will be staying home.

I used to really worry about my guitars but at some point I realized if I didn't plan on selling something, all that mattered was I was happy with it.

I would guess that the guy selling it is clueless that it's stolen. Hopefully he can lead the authorities to the guilty party.

I suspect you're right. There is no telling how many hands it has passed through since it was stolen.

Now the real question is does he really get it back?

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.

But I've been a coin collector for 40 years, and in every instance of stolen coins being recovered, and properly identified, of which I'm aware, the person in possession of the stolen coins had to forfeit possession of the coins to the rightful owner without compensation.

But I've been a coin collector for 40 years, and in every instance of stolen coins being recovered, and properly identified, of which I'm aware, the person in possession of the stolen coins had to forfeit possession of the coins to the rightful owner without compensation.

I would certainly think you're right. So long as the proper Police report had been filed regarding the theft he should get it back.

This is also my understanding. Even if you bought the item not knowing it was stolen.. Once the original owner (from whom the item was stolen from) can prove ownership of the item, it must be returned. The original owner, owes them nothing. Not returning it, becomes a new crime, on top of the original theft. A person who bought the stolen item, can then try and recoup their own purchase money from the person who sold it to them, but unless that person is actually the person who stole the item they're kinda on their own, and if they are, then they're probably heading to Jail and often aren't in a good financial position to be sued.

If you knowingly possess stolen property then you're committing a crime, and can be prosecuted.

I'm not a lawyer either..

Good Pal Steve Thorn- Jupiter, Florida- reports theft of his 1'st generation H137 this week. The guitar is Cherry translucent with a prominent wear through where a pickguard would be, original exposed coil black Schaller Humbuckers, orig. roller bridge & top loader tailpiece. Don't have serial no. however I can send photos on request. Steve loved this axe and played it lovingly for many years. PLEASE let me know if you spot it up for sale on Ebay or wherever. I will alert Steve & the Cops immediately

Will do..String em up by da balls!!

Archived