Heritage Owners Club

Stolen Heritage Alert

jaywolfe

Good Pal Steve Thorn- Jupiter, Florida- reports theft of his 1'st generation H137 this week. The guitar is Cherry translucent with a prominent wear through where a pickguard would be, original exposed coil black Schaller Humbuckers, orig. roller bridge & top loader tailpiece. Don't have serial no. however I can send photos on request. Steve loved this axe and played it lovingly for many years. PLEASE let me know if you spot it up for sale on Ebay or wherever. I will alert Steve & the Cops immediately

post-13-0-60392000-1316101784_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks Jay. I remember when our house was broken into and they made off with a bunch of my guitars. It's a lousy feeling. Hope they catch the bastard(s) and your pal gets his guitr back. I'll keep my eyes open on the left coast.

Bob Faulkner

Thanks for posting this. Also, everyone should have their SN# on file w/pictures for Ins. and identification.

Luckily, my instruments are all insured under my house's insurance.

I will say though, this is PRECISELY the reason I'd want to have some cheaper equipment to play out live with. Have my Cadillac gear for recording and special occasions and then cheaper gear (usually used-bought import stuff) with some minor cost effective upgrade work done to play out live with like my Roland amp. I'd love to get my hands on some used Ibanez guitars or Epiphone or something especially if can be had dirt frickin cheap. I mean DIRT cheap.

I'd cry a lot less over a stolen or heavily damaged Ibanez I got for less than two bills than I would my Heritage H575. To me, that Heritage is not replacable.

Best of luck on getting this back. Like I said, I think I'd cry.

Guest HRB853370

Luckily, my instruments are all insured under my house's insurance.

I will say though, this is PRECISELY the reason I'd want to have some cheaper equipment to play out live with. Have my Cadillac gear for recording and special occasions and then cheaper gear (usually used-bought import stuff) with some minor cost effective upgrade work done to play out live with like my Roland amp. I'd love to get my hands on some used Ibanez guitars or Epiphone or something especially if can be had dirt frickin cheap. I mean DIRT cheap.

I'd cry a lot less over a stolen or heavily damaged Ibanez I got for less than two bills than I would my Heritage H575. To me, that Heritage is not replacable.

Best of luck on getting this back. Like I said, I think I'd cry.

So your point is, save your best silverware and china for that sacred occasion? Is it worth sounding crappy just to have the peace of mind that your Heritages are locked up safely? C'mon now Barry, just don't leave your gear unattended. Thats my rule of thumb. I would not think twice about shooting somebody I saw trying to make off with any of my Heritage gear. Now I am not saying take your best Heritage out to a gig, as shit happens on stage. I was at a blues jam last month and witnessed a fellow carting his amp off the stage and he was not paying much attention as he ran into a guitar stand and almost knocked an expensive Givesum LP Supreme off the stand, had I not been right there to catch it!

So your point is, save your best silverware and china for that sacred occasion? Is it worth sounding crappy just to have the peace of mind that your Heritages are locked up safely? C'mon now Barry, just don't leave your gear unattended. Thats my rule of thumb. I would not think twice about shooting somebody I saw trying to make off with any of my Heritage gear. Now I am not saying take your best Heritage out to a gig, as shit happens on stage. I was at a blues jam last month and witnessed a fellow carting his amp off the stage and he was not paying much attention as he ran into a guitar stand and almost knocked an expensive Givesum LP Supreme off the stand, had I not been right there to catch it!

well, I'd respond by saying the cheap=crap theory is not necessarily true. The way some of the PRS's, Epi's, mexistrats, etc. are made will do the job nicely for just playin out, and though I wouldn't want to have any of them stolen, I wouldn't cry nearly as much if someone grabs an Epi LP Jr. or the Korean PRS. With the technology and quality control used by these manufacturer/distributors of globally mass produced guitars, I find them quite acceptable for playability and tone when out and about at places where they could be ripoff targets. I figure if the level of security at a particular location is so high that I need to keep my axe with me at all times that it just isn't worth it to take the one's I'd die to lose. It's amazing the lengths that some scumbags will go to rip off a person, it can happen easier than you think. the 'lesser' quality axes get the job done without the fear of losing a family jewel if you know what i mean..

I use a Korean PRS when i play out at clubs, or other places where I just don't want to bring my Heritages or US Fender Strats, etc. because I just don't want to have that headache of watching over them like a hawk.

i had a sentimental favorite (not worth much $$) get ripped off out of the back of my car one time, I learned my lesson then..

... never in plain view, even locked up (and this was a busy street in Chicago, talk about brazen), in fact, I don't even like being seen carrying a guitar to any vehicle and placing it inside to go somewhere, even if it's locked. including my own van with darkened windows in my own driveway at home. I try to wait till the coast is clear to load em..

what's the world coming to anyway..

Guest HRB853370

well, I'd respond by saying the cheap=crap theory is not necessarily true. The way some of the PRS's, Epi's, mexistrats, etc. are made will do the job nicely for just playin out, and though I wouldn't want to have any of them stolen, I wouldn't cry nearly as much if someone grabs an Epi LP Jr. or the Korean PRS. With the technology and quality control used by these manufacturer/distributors of globally mass produced guitars, I find them quite acceptable for playability and tone when out and about at places where they could be ripoff targets. I figure if the level of security at a particular location is so high that I need to keep my axe with me at all times that it just isn't worth it to take the one's I'd die to lose. It's amazing the lengths that some scumbags will go to rip off a person, it can happen easier than you think. the 'lesser' quality axes get the job done without the fear of losing a family jewel if you know what i mean..

I use a Korean PRS when i play out at clubs, or other places where I just don't want to bring my Heritages or US Fender Strats, etc. because I just don't want to have that headache of watching over them like a hawk.

i had a sentimental favorite (not worth much $$) get ripped off out of the back of my car one time, I learned my lesson then..

... never in plain view, even locked up (and this was a busy street in Chicago, talk about brazen), in fact, I don't even like being seen carrying a guitar to any vehicle and placing it inside to go somewhere, even if it's locked. including my own van with darkened windows in my own driveway at home. I try to wait till the coast is clear to load em..

what's the world coming to anyway..

I see your point Ray, when I used to gig on drums every weekend, if it was a two nighter, I just left my drumkit on the stage Friday night with a sheet over it, just like I did at PSP this past August (actually, that was to keep Mark off the kit too, lol). But I would remove all my drum mikes and cymbals and take them with me. Those were the easiest to steal when the bar was open for business, and most likely not very well attended. I couldn't see somebody walking out with my drums, but cymbals and mikes, hell yeah! And thats where the money is, its in the cymbals.

The guitar in the pic at the top looks a lot like the guitar in this listing http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/14766-the-heritage-cherry-electric-guitar-case/page__pid__184949#entry184949 - even the tailpiece is bowed in the same way!

There's no wear spot just below the pickups in the eBay item but could this have been touched up?

The guitar in the pic at the top looks a lot like the guitar in this listing http://www.heritageo...949#entry184949 - even the tailpiece is bowed in the same way!

There's no wear spot just below the pickups in the eBay item but could this have been touched up?

doubt it. There was more wear than just that to touch up, and it wouldn't be worth it. Also, the time required for that to get finished/dried is too much. The grain in the body is different, and the rosewood colors are different.

I would wager there are a lot of those guitars in that particular color out there. It's rather vintage and popular, and it's also a "lower end" model that more working musicians would go for.

• 1 month later...

Jay,

What is the serial number of the stolen guitar?

This one looks similar and is on ebay now serial number J29609

Proceed with caution!

Without the serial number of the stolen guitar , no one can be certain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heritage-Electric-Guitar-USA-1994-noo-reserve-/260882111811?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cbdc91d43

Jay,

What is the serial number of the stolen guitar?

This one looks similar and is on ebay now serial number J29609

Proceed with caution!

Without the serial number of the stolen guitar , no one can be certain.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cbdc91d43

The wear looks different, but like I said, the serial number will tell the tale....

My bet is that it's the same guitar. The wear is a little different, but if I look closer I see the same rusty looking screws on the top of the bridge pickup, the same nick on the bottom of the horn, and I think I even see the angle of the G string screw on the bridge PUP slightly off vertical just like the one in the picture above.

But then again.. maybe I'm just seeing these things cause I've spent the last 30 minutes doing the "spot the differences" pictures in this weekends magazine :icon_scratch:

My bet is that it's the same guitar. The wear is a little different, but if I look closer I see the same rusty looking screws on the top of the bridge pickup, the same nick on the bottom of the horn, and I think I even see the angle of the G string screw on the bridge PUP slightly off vertical just like the one in the picture above.

But then again.. maybe I'm just seeing these things cause I've spent the last 30 minutes doing the "spot the differences" pictures in this weekends magazine :icon_scratch:

I think we need to bring her in and dust for prints....or something.....

My bet is that it's the same guitar. The wear is a little different, but if I look closer I see the same rusty looking screws on the top of the bridge pickup, ....

Your right Push. It is dead nuts on. This is the stolen guitar.

Your right Push. It is dead nuts on. This is the stolen guitar.

I think its the stolen guitar. Those wear makes looks to be about right. Its possible it was rubbed a little bit to try to get wear down some more, but its still the same guitar to me.....

Archived