Heritage Owners Club

Amp Wish Lists?

barrymclark

can well imagine. friend of mine serviced amps & collected old Gibsons among others (except the 6QB5 ones - he hated EL84s. crazy, but there ya go)...he had every model from the 50's and quite a few from the 60's. anyway he said the cabs of all the old combos were made of redwood...maybe that's part of the secret sauce. love those old Gibbies...

Cool!! The thing looks like hell but it just has so much Sustain it's amazing..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty short list for me.

#1 = Carr Rambler (have one). Covers the whole Blackface Fender thing plus lots of other things. Tons of clean headroom.

#2 = Something Tweedy that will break up early. Currently have a Victoria 5112 but am looking for something a little more versatile. The 5112 is a one trick pony, and even though it's a good trick I'd like tone controls and a reverb. Thinking about the Victoria Regal II when I hit the lottery.

I just want one amp and speaker combo that does "it"..

One that gets cleans that are fat and warm, has shimmer, chime, and a 3d quality and doesn't break up doesn't matter how loud.

A gain that goes from just getting fury to a full on crunch and a saturated gain that doesnt loose definition.

I have all those things but theyre split up into about 5 different amps and its annoying.

Sounds like a Carr Rambler with stompboxes for gain.

Sounds like a Carr Rambler with stompboxes for gain.

Turns out its an amp Ive had since 86-87 and variations of stomps Ive had since about the same time.

Stopped using Celestion V30s and 212 cabs and went to a 112 cab and everything came together!

Big fender clean, stomps provide sounds from just breaking up to a saturated gain.

Pretty happy. Its ridiculous the journey I took to get back to what I had.

Archived