Heritage Owners Club

Amp Wish Lists?

barrymclark

The thread Mark posted about the Mesa Boogie 5:50 got me thinking about an amp Christmas list.

What amps would I have in my dream man-cave?

In no particular order:

• I'd keep my Cube. Just sounds too good to let go.
  • Rivera Jazz Suprema 55
  • Nocturne Blondeshell
  • Trillium Empyrean
  • Polytone MiniBrute IV (prefer an older one)
  • Gibson GA-40(or 42 whichever)
  • KBP Starlite
  • Mesa-Boogie (TransAtlantic, 5:50 or Mark IV)
  • Carvin Belair
  • VHT Standard 18
  • Little Dawg Wonderdawg

Off the top of my head, that's my list. Short as it may be. haha.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's some fine hardware! i'd want a wonder dawg, too, except that jim built me a princeton reverb clone, already.

you dream mancave must be quite sizable!

The thread Mark posted about the Mesa Boogie 5:50 got me thinking about an amp Christmas list.

What amps would I have in my dream man-cave?

In no particular order:

• I'd keep my Cube. Just sounds too good to let go.
  • Rivera Jazz Suprema 55
  • Nocturne Blondeshell
  • Trillium Empyrean
  • Polytone MiniBrute IV (prefer an older one)
  • Gibson GA-40(or 42 whichever)
  • KBP Starlite
  • Mesa-Boogie (TransAtlantic, 5:50 or Mark IV)
  • Carvin Belair
  • VHT Standard 18
  • Little Dawg Wonderdawg

Off the top of my head, that's my list. Short as it may be. haha.

Meant Mark V not IV.

What's your list, btw?

I'm really, really satifisfied with my KBP amp. If I was to get another amp, it may be something I can play my acoustic through. There really isn't another amp out there I want. Maybe a matching 2x12 cab to the RD amp, but that's about it. Now if we were talking guitars....

Thats quite the list, Barry. I see the Mesa TA is on there --- good choice. It's a very versatile amp, covers a lot of territory. And is very portable!!

I've recently been able to play a Goodsell Blackdog variant - 40ws, EL84s, Gain, Vol, etc. Probably the best sounding amp I've ever had the pleasure to play thru. IF I were after another amp, that would be the baby.

Mesa Lonestar Special

Fender Princeton Reverb

Fender Super Sonic

Small Fendery Tweed combo, like a Lil Dawg

Fender Super Reverb (If I don't have to move it.)

Marshall 18 Watt combo

I'd be happy with ANY of these with a KBP810 badge on them, too! Christmas IS coming up, Brian, if you were wondering what to get me....

My 50 watt KBP ODS, my Marshall Vintage Modern, and if I had to throw something else up there, maybe a hand-wired KBP Vox AC30/AC15 or Matchless clone. A Mesa Boogie (probably a Mark IV, but who knows) would be nice, but not really necessary. Actually, I'd also like a Roland Cube so I can play at quieter-than-tube-amp volumes.

I also need to find a 1x15 cab since my 15" speaker came in (thanks Brian!), but I've still got my 4x12 and attenuator.

Really though, speaker cab aside, I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got. I'll pass them on to the grandkids someday.

My first honest goal is to get that KBP Starlite kickin though!

I am still trying to work out the cab. The speaker is now a Eminence and not Weber. Bri-guy us waiting to hear back from his chassis maker for an estimate. Then, when I get that in hand, I will make the cab for it and the chassis + loaded cab back to Brian for completion. YAY!

Man, I'm very, very fortunate to have the amps I do:

-Princeton Reverb Reissue

-Weber 5E3 clone w/a vintage Magnavox speaker

-Bitar "Felix" handwired 22W 1x12 EL34 combo

-Bitar "The Note" handwired 2-channel 30W EL34 head w/a custom built Ken Jones 2x12 cab

But if it's a wish list: Dr.Z Maz 18, Victoria 5112, late 50's Gibson GA-30 or GA-40, late 50's blonde Bandmaster. '59 Bassman.... There, that was fun!

Man, I'm very, very fortunate to have the amps I do:

-Princeton Reverb Reissue

-Weber 5E3 clone w/a vintage Magnavox speaker

-Bitar "Felix" handwired 22W 1x12 EL34 combo

-Bitar "The Note" handwired 2-channel 30W EL34 head w/a custom built Ken Jones 2x12 cab

But if it's a wish list: Dr.Z Maz 18, Victoria 5112, late 50's Gibson GA-30 or GA-40, late 50's blonde Bandmaster. '59 Bassman.... There, that was fun!

Sure, it's just a wish list. Kinda like your Island rig. Or Lottery rig. In my case, it'll never happen with the Goodsell. But I can dream!! I could go for that lat 50s Bandmaster, too. I'm sorta partial to brunettes, so mine wouldn't have to be blonde.

I wish there wheren't so many damm amps I hear wonderful things about. I am always wondering if the grass is greener.. I have a an old SF Twin blackface, a modded blues jr and a new KBP Reverb Deluxe. The KBP amp may have made my Twin redundant. May sell the Twin and look at some of these others.

If I could I would buy 20 or so amps and weed out the ones I don't like, one can dream.

Blackface Princeton reverb

68 Plexi

VHT Deliverance

Ampeg sb12

59 Bassman

Tweed Deluxe

Dumble Overdrive

Blackface twin

Interesting to see the sb-12 on the list. I've loved mine for both bass and clean (ish) guitar since I happened to run into it, but it is an amp that isn't often on people's dream list.

I went on an amp buying binge over the last couple of years, so I feel very set, even overfed --I've got 6l6, el34, and 6v6 covered for guitar, and 6L6 and 6550 for bass. There are a couple of speaker swaps I'd like to make, and some mods I'd like to have done, but the only amp that I don't have and wonder about is something in the vox 15/30/el84 lineage.

Archived