Heritage Owners Club

Amp Wish Lists?

barrymclark

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closest guitarist comes first, :D You may get your's first, but I since I'm his unofficial quality assurance representative, I'll have to demo it prior to shipping... :headbang:

That's fine. Break in the speaker and I require a tone report after your hearing comes back.

I could go for that lat 50s Bandmaster, too.

Could have had one a couple of months ago...for $1300. Friend had it in his shop. Played it a couple of times. Everything original, including, apparently, the tubes. Beautiful creamy, warm tone, and a tremelo deep as the Marianas Trench. The blonde tolex was a mess...looked like it'd served as a counter at Starbuck's for about fifty years. Anyway, Tatum couldn't sell it, and the price kept coming down. Decided one night just to buy the thing. Went in a couple of days later, after the amp had sat for about six months, and, of course, it was gone....

The thread Mark posted about the Mesa Boogie 5:50 got me thinking about an amp Christmas list.

What amps would I have in my dream man-cave?

In no particular order:

• I'd keep my Cube. Just sounds too good to let go.
  • Rivera Jazz Suprema 55
  • Nocturne Blondeshell
  • Trillium Empyrean
  • Polytone MiniBrute IV (prefer an older one)
  • Gibson GA-40(or 42 whichever)
  • KBP Starlite
  • Mesa-Boogie (TransAtlantic, 5:50 or Mark IV)
  • Carvin Belair
  • VHT Standard 18
  • Little Dawg Wonderdawg

Off the top of my head, that's my list. Short as it may be. haha.

Well let's see the long list..LOL..As for me, probably a Carr Rambler, or a Juke combo.. either one of those would be great for me

Well let's see the long list..LOL..As for me, probably a Carr Rambler, or a Juke combo.. either one of those would be great for me

Wait I forgot an AC-30!! Is it too late? (and someone to carry it for me..)

Probably an 18 watt 212 vintage Marshall Bluesbreaker combo, Egnator Renegade, Fender vintage tweed twin 40 watts.

For me,

KBP 810 reverb deluxe

Original Fender Vibro Verb

Dr. Z Maz

Original Top Boost AC 30

Bogner Extasy

Original Fender Bandmaster

Marshall JCM 800

Not too exotic I got simple taste.

I just want one amp and speaker combo that does "it"..

One that gets cleans that are fat and warm, has shimmer, chime, and a 3d quality and doesn't break up doesn't matter how loud.

A gain that goes from just getting fury to a full on crunch and a saturated gain that doesnt loose definition.

I have all those things but theyre split up into about 5 different amps and its annoying.

What happened to the ToneKing Metropolitan? It must not have rocked your boat at PSP, eh??

That's still a nice amp - for me, the 2Rock is just a little bit better, and a little bit lighter, and, maybe I like the voicing a bit more.

both great amps.

Blackstar Artisan 30

Tungsten Crema Wheat (even though my Limey amp is in the same sonic territory)

Marshall 'Bluesbreaker' 18W combo

Mesa/Boogie TA-30

Any or all would be fine ;)

I just want one amp and speaker combo that does "it"..

One that gets cleans that are fat and warm, has shimmer, chime, and a 3d quality and doesn't break up doesn't matter how loud.

A gain that goes from just getting fury to a full on crunch and a saturated gain that doesnt loose definition.

I have all those things but theyre split up into about 5 different amps and its annoying.

Were you playing my KBP Reverb Deluxe... Sure sounds like it.... :headbang:

• 2 months later...

My favourite amps are Rivera R 55 and Fender Prosonic.

I now use a HOOK Captain 6L6 100 W Top (great handmade amp from the Netherlands).

Last week I aquired a RIVERA Clubster 25 (1 x 10). I love the sound of the clean channel.

I don't feel to convinient with the sound of channel 1. For me it's a bit to "hissy", especially when I pull the boost knob. Without the boost, I miss gain.

Yesterday I plugged a MI Audio Crunch Box into the amp. I used it with the clean channel and it sounded awesome.

Maybe I leave it like this and use Channel 1 only for the crunchy sounds. That would make a 3 channel amp out of this little monster :).

on a more cereal note (& lotsa notes), i could have (via "long-term loan")

1. a custom Krinard (Two-Rock) based on D. Lindley's 70's Dumbles
  2. a custom Krinard (Two-Rock) prototype of the TS-1
  3. a Bruno tweed deluxe combo w/Celestion Blue
  4. a Dr. Z Z-Wreck & cab
  5. others

but don't bother, cuz i have:

Green-Coda-Front.jpg

& that does it for me. on top of that (or rather next to) are a stupifying great group of Heritage amps, incl. Colonial, Briton II, & Victory

honestly, i feel a little sheepish having all this sonic greatness around. but i'll cope :icon_king:

(happy to share w/anyone in the area who wants to stop by)

Gotta say..I was playing through my old Gibby amp this morning..No pedals..Just guitar, cable and amp..3 hours later I was still jammin!!

Gotta say..I was playing through my old Gibby amp this morning..No pedals..Just guitar, cable and amp..3 hours later I was still jammin!!

can well imagine. friend of mine serviced amps & collected old Gibsons among others (except the 6QB5 ones - he hated EL84s. crazy, but there ya go)...he had every model from the 50's and quite a few from the 60's. anyway he said the cabs of all the old combos were made of redwood...maybe that's part of the secret sauce. love those old Gibbies...

Archived