Heritage Owners Club

building a spruce top, 2 humbucker h575, open to suggestions

nicknickhall

I'm building a 575 to cover jazz but still versatile enough to twang and rock some. I want the sound of a spruce top. I'm not too concerned with feedback because I won't be playing loud with this guy. This is for studio use only. I love the size and shape of the 575, it's perfect for me. I want the versatility of a bridge pickup even at the cost of some of the acoustic jazz qualities that a single humbucker at the neck gives. Anybody else think this is a good idea besides me?

nicknick

Sweet 16's are long scale too.

Yep, agree with the above.

575 is 24.75" and Eagles, Sw 16, 550, are all 25.25". This would make a noticeable difference in tone.

Granted, my H575 doesn't have the spruce, but that is a great, great guitar. It and I are pretty well inseparable. If you haven't already finalized the order, I recommend the Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups highly. I do believe they are my go to pickup where I am installing humbuckers.

where can i find the "list" with configurations and prices?

Since Heritage is essentially a custom shop, the options are quite plentiful - the best thing to do is to work with a dealer on pricing and options once you have your custom build wish list ready to go.

Either way, really looking forward to hearing what direction you go in (and looking even more forward to seeing the final product when it's done!)

I'm building a 575 to cover jazz but still versatile enough to twang and rock some. I want the sound of a spruce top. I'm not too concerned with feedback because I won't be playing loud with this guy. This is for studio use only. I love the size and shape of the 575, it's perfect for me. I want the versatility of a bridge pickup even at the cost of some of the acoustic jazz qualities that a single humbucker at the neck gives. Anybody else think this is a good idea besides me?

nicknick

He he... Great idea!

Is that one of yours? Stunning guitar!

I had it out when you were here DBlues. You should have spanked her. We'll have to do it again!

Now that I'm not in my phone, I can post the shot:

Body-Sm.jpg

I had it out when you were here DBlues. You should have spanked her. We'll have to do it again!

Now that I'm not in my phone, I can post the shot:

Body-Sm.jpg

That's not the kind of guitar I usually go for but I gotta say, that thing is beautiful.

Archived