Heritage Owners Club

150 vs Millie

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Does a 155 sound more acoustic when amplified, than a 150? Seems logical that the tone might be more woody or acoustical. Would love to hear some opinions on this topic.

Does a 155 sound more acoustic when amplified, than a 150? Seems logical that the tone might be more woody or acoustical. Would love to hear some opinions on this topic.

it should give you more of a semi-hollow body feel with significantly less feedback. Part of the reason why BB King's guitar has no F-Holes....

Guest HRB853370

it's thick like a 535 but different

mine is maple, so it has some top end as well..they make them out of mahagony too, right?

The one I have coming is maple/top/back. Do you have an ebony FB?

My Millie NFH feels more like a chambered 150 than the arched Millie I had a couple years back. I think it's the flat backs that take the semi-feel out of them. Or, mine, anyway. Think LP Supreme, if that conjures any relevance.

My Millie NFH feels more like a chambered 150 than the arched Millie I had a couple years back. I think it's the flat backs that take the semi-feel out of them. Or, mine, anyway. Think LP Supreme, if that conjures any relevance.

+1. To my ear the Millie's sweet tone is strikingly close to the LP Supreme, especially if both are loaded with Seths.

Guest HRB853370

+1. To my ear the Millie's sweet tone is strikingly close to the LP Supreme, especially if both are loaded with Seths.

Is the LP Supreme a chambered out Les Paul with all the amenities and pizzaz?

Is the LP Supreme a chambered out Les Paul with all the amenities and pizzaz?

Yes, sir. It is a pimped out, chambered LP and constructed very much like the 155 Millie. Maple top and back with Mahogany sides; Ebony board; and more bling than Iceberg Slim's 1970 Cadillac El Dorado.

Thats what I wanna hear! And they are very expensive I know that too!

I did play a Guitar of the Month Supreme a couple years ago. It was really cool, but I must say, I think KBP's 157 Custom was much better in quality, playability, and weight. Keep in mind, the Supreme is NOT made at the Gibson Custom shop. Those are made side by side with the Standards, Studios, Jr's, Melody Makers, etc...

The Supreme has nothing on the Millie.....

Wasn't saying that. Truly, it's not quite on par with the Millie. But sometimes it's easier to reference a more common make ( :laughing7: ) so someone can make that mental connection. My Millie's really have it WAY over any of the Supreme's I've played. And those were actually some dandy guitars. Bling bling. But not crap, by any means.

Guest HRB853370

Ok, now that its in the house whats your take on the 150 vs Mille sound? Do you have two with the same pickups so you can tell if its the body vs the electrics?

Going to do that comparison today sometime Rich!

Will, I'm sorry to say but I bet it will sound terrible... in fact, if you want, just go ahead and send me the Millie and I will take it off your hands so you don't have to subject your ears to it...

In other news, happy belated new Millie day!

Archived