Heritage Owners Club

140's

DetroitBlues

While I have say I'm partial to your red FredZepp, it's those darn mini blocks on DBlues' 140 that continue to haunt me

While I have say I'm partial to your red FredZepp, it's those darn mini blocks on DBlues' 140 that continue to haunt me

yep... nice feature for sure.

I'd like to do Hollow Traps on mine..... but I can't really install those too easy.

yep... nice feature for sure.

I'd like to do Hollow Traps on mine..... but I can't really install those too easy.

Whew! That takes a small router and a steady hand! Who knows, perhaps you'll find yourself with a hollow weekend and start tinkering.

I thought about buying a Gold Top 140 and having the trap added....

But the reason why I'm asking, is I played a really thick Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro the other day. I couldn't believe how thick it was and how I actually like it better than my 140 neck. Makes me wish I had a thicker neck on it. I also played KBP810 '85 170 and that had almost the same neck profile. I have played many others, but I've read a lot of descriptions of other HOC members 140's and noticed most of them have thin neck profiles...

I thought about buying a Gold Top 140 and having the trap added....

But the reason why I'm asking, is I played a really thick Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro the other day. I couldn't believe how thick it was and how I actually like it better than my 140 neck. Makes me wish I had a thicker neck on it. I also played KBP810 '85 170 and that had almost the same neck profile. I have played many others, but I've read a lot of descriptions of other HOC members 140's and noticed most of them have thin neck profiles...

Like you, I tend to prefer a thicker neck (just not a baseball bat). My 137 has a medium-to-chunky neck - very comfy.

Archived