Heritage Owners Club

2012 goals

Trouble

Going to try a D style OD, add another clean boost to my board so I can have a pre-post boost setup, and add a fuzz. I'm going to try a Wilson Stoned Grasshopper, 3 effects in 1 pedal boost/OD/ fuzz. I 've been thinking about trying the Lovepedal Kalamazoo, and I'm going to build a smaller, back-up pedalboard.

Got to have priorites! :icon_thumleft:

Is that for the year ?

Or just the first month ?

:icon_scratch::icon_sunny:

That's as far as I've gotten decision wise!

That's some killer wants. :)

I am hoping for an Axe-FX Ultra/Voodoo Labs GroundControl/Jet City 700DP(maybe) and an H150 by the end of the year. We shall see. That is a LOT of coin. The first three alone will get me just over $2k USD.

Good luck, I think you goals are probably more expensive than mine!

Well, I only have one...

Buy/Steal/pry away Fred's Centurian from his physical being to my house............... hey, a man can dream.........

The end of the world is coming this year, so i'm not going to make any big plans. Well, I guess I would like to find better ways to string together the notes I know - maybe I will work on phrasing. I don't have a natural feel for blues so I have to steal everything I play from those that do.

Going to try a D style OD, add another clean boost to my board so I can have a pre-post boost setup, and add a fuzz. I'm going to try a Wilson Stoned Grasshopper, 3 effects in 1 pedal boost/OD/ fuzz. I 've been thinking about trying the Lovepedal Kalamazoo, and I'm going to build a smaller, back-up pedalboard.

Got to have priorites! :icon_thumleft:

That Stoned Grasshopper looks great. so does wilson's Lotus Drive. I want to try both. i just ordered a used Fuchs Valve Job which is in the D family. will post review when i get some time with it.

Look for another job where the general public are not involved.

I hear you, salesman I am not, although old black women seemed to relate to me when I did work in sales. Never figured that out.

My goal is just to get my pedal board actually set up and assembled. Currently this is what the signal chain looks like:

EHX Hum Debugger

Morley Bad Horsie II Wah

Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster

MXR Distortion +

Boss OS-2

Boss OD-20

Radial Tonebone Hot British

ISP Decimator

yes, no chorus or echo. I have a Carvin XP4 rack DSP effects module that does chorus, flange, rotary speaker, delay, reverb, etc etc etc, and can do 4 simultaneous effects, each with a separate switch. This way I can also use the amps overdrive.

Why so many OD pedals? because there are just so many great OD and distortion sounds out there.

I think my KBP 810 "Cavern Club" Combo will do it for the year..I've just been hit with around 2k in dental work and my car needs some serious attention.. :icon_shaking: So I guess I'll just play my ASAT and 535 thru my new amp and smile.. :icon_king:

My goal is to make it on stage and be called back for more.

We took some time off to try to work in a new keyboard player, then he quit. We have the new keyboard player and we decided" trial by fire" with him, we're booking everything we can get. He's seriously talented though so I think he'll be allright.

Good luck and go for it, it's hard sometimes but worth it! Oh, the most important thing is to find capable guys, that you can get along with, if you like them and they like you, you've got the worst part out of the way. I love to see talented people, but I can't work with assholes no matter how good they are.

:D Ha!

Pay down my visa bill so I can charge up more gear! ; ) Just kidding, but seriously, knock that down, get my chops up. Complete a bucket-list musical project - myself and two women friends from a band in the '70s will go into a studio and record 3 originals.

Get back into a band.

I'm gonna try to work my way back up to "just broke," from in debt. Good start lately but my impulse control is inop.

'Course, there's a Victoria "Ivy League" amp that's been winking at me when I go into the guitar store at the head of the block, so it's kinda iffy at this point how long it might take to get back to just broke.

There's always next year (if the Mayans were wrong).

Archived