Heritage Owners Club

9 hours of labor-and a safe delivery!

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

I agree, some amps just sound too sterile being so clean...

Thats why I like my DRRI, it plays cleanly until you get it cranked to around 7, before saturation starts. I won't need any fx boxes with the Tweed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

so, do ya love it more than your blackstar ht 5?

I never really liked that Blackstar to begin with. So the answer is an overwhelming yes.

Congrat Wil, like the colors you picked too. Dibs, that would match my Reverb deluxe perfectly.

Sure dibs it is. Is your Reverb Deluxe a KBP amp?

I never really liked that Blackstar to begin with. So the answer is an overwhelming yes.

Sure dibs it is. Is your Reverb Deluxe a KBP amp?

Yepper, hence the reversed moniker. When Brian told me to pick a grill cloth and cabinet covering from Mojo, I went with the colors on yours, Oxblood grill and Tweed cabinet correct?

here is a pic from PSP, prior to its trial by fire.

upto8-8-11022.jpg

Yepper, hence the reversed moniker. When Brian told me to pick a grill cloth and cabinet covering from Mojo, I went with the colors on yours, Oxblood grill and Tweed cabinet correct?

upto8-8-11022.jpg

That amp got a ton of play at PSP. So many people were plugged into it. It held its own and sounded great!

Guest HRB853370

Tell us about the two channels, Slammer. Can u set one to clean and the other dirty?

Channel one is the overdriven one, and channel two is the cleaner one, or it takes more to saturate the amp. There is no switch so you have to unplug from one channel on the amp and plug in the other one. No big deal!

Guest HRB853370

upto8-8-11022.jpg

Now I remember. You are Pete, right?

Channel one is the overdriven one, and channel two is the cleaner one, or it takes more to saturate the amp. There is no switch so you have to unplug from one channel on the amp and plug in the other one. No big deal!

or you could get a couple cables & a simple A/B switch...can be pretty neat with using guitar vol to switch between chunky cleanish rhythms and singing solo stuff...

Guest HRB853370

or you could get a couple cables & a simple A/B switch...can be pretty neat with using guitar vol to switch between chunky cleanish rhythms and singing solo stuff...

Send me a link RJ, if you know of any good ones.

I use this aby box for dual amp, 5e3, and/or reinhardt 18 (another 2 channel amp). Might be overkill,

http://lehle.com/frameset.php?country=us&lang=en

Haven't tried this one, but considered it when shopping (less expensive)

http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/black-boxes-effects-and-dis/miclineinst-switchers/selector-multiselector-instrument-switch

I don't see a standby switch unless the switch marked ground is the standby switch.

Yeah, the ground labeled switch is wired as a standby. The need/use for the "ground" switch is obsolete now... some of the re-production chassi have it labeled as standby, but others still have it marked as ground like the original.

Sounds like you need an A/B Switch. Or even cooler if you had an A/B/Y! You could use either channel or both at the same time!

Guest HRB853370

Sounds like you need an A/B Switch. Or even cooler if you had an A/B/Y! You could use either channel or both at the same time!

Yes i do DB, and a couple people recommended different brands. Sweetwater sells a Morley for $55. What is the difference between AB and ABY?

Simply WOW! Beautiful. I hope you break it in before PSP.

Thank you Bulldog, she even sounds better than she look! Yes, I plan to bring it to PSP4!

Hey... I just noticed that I missed this thread... congrats on the amp.

I love the combination of chickenheads, tweed, and that leather handle.... that adds up to a good time with a warm amp.

Thanks Fredzep, man these are everything they are supposed to be!! Now if I only was able to keep one, this one would be it!

Archived