Heritage Owners Club

9 hours of labor-and a safe delivery!

Guest HRB853370

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

9 hours of labor (waiting) since 8 am this morning. The Fedex truck arrived at 5 pm. Safe delivery. Initial testing-everything works great! More reports coming!

9 hours of labor (waiting) since 8 am this morning. The Fedex truck arrived at 5 pm. Safe delivery. Initial testing-everything works great! More reports coming!

Looks sweet man!! Congratulations!!

you bought schun's new amp from him?... whoa :)

Congrats. 5e3 = whole lotta fun

Hell to-the-NO on that Randy, haha. He just wants to grow up to be like me, so he copied me, :laughing9: Congrats, Will; It was all I could do to keep my big mouth shut once you told me you were next in line! Trust me, you are going to love it, even though mine's better; Brian told me so..... :laughing9:

Guest HRB853370

Hell to-the-NO on that Randy, haha. He just wants to grow up to be like me, so he copied me, :laughing9: Congrats, Will; It was all I could do to keep my big mouth shut once you told me you were next in line! Trust me, you are going to love it, even though mine's better; Brian told me so..... :laughing9:

You a good man Sdog. This SOB is louder than a cat in heat!

Guest HRB853370

Awesome! New amp days are sweet!

Thanks Barry-especially MIM (made in Michigan) amps! I love the speaker choice-good highs, great bottom. Eminence Legend 128.

Guest HRB853370

Woo Hoo! Congrats!!!!

Can't wait to hear the clips.

How many watts?

Yeah, that will be my next challenge, never posted a clip yet. But now that I have my Tascam 2488 neo I should be able to put some tracks on. Somewhere in the range of 15-18 watts I believe is what B told me. It has two channels, and a bright and normal for each channel. Plus a standby switch. Channel one is the dirtier channel. Channel two is fairly clean. There is also a normal and bright input for each channel. Another nice touch (thank you Brian) is a 6 foot power cord. That is mucho appreciated. I immediately tried it out with my SG standard, which pretty much sits in my living room most of the time. With the humbuckers, I could not turn the gain past 3. No crap, as Shundog affirmed, this baby is loud. The speaker that I chose is very pleasing to me. It has plenty of low end, while still retaining highs, and a sublte midrange. It is an Eminence Legend GB-128. British voiced with a smooth top end and 50w power handling.

Nice amp, congrats. Now you have something to compare to the DRRI. Do a comparison of the clean channel on the DRRI to the Tweed Deluxe. There is only a difference of about 4 watts between the two. There are some differences, but after playing a few of them, the Tweed Deluxe should of been the amp I asked for. I can always pick up a reverb and tremolo pedal....

Now you have something to compare to the DRRI. Do a comparison of the clean channel on the DRRI to the Tweed Deluxe. There is only a difference of about 4 watts between the two. There are some differences, but after playing a few of them, the Tweed Deluxe should of been the amp I asked for.

Better than that, daisy chain the two of them, and play both at the same time! I daisy my 5E3 with most of my amps all the time, at gigs. Dee-lightful!!! Hit's a beauty, Will!

That looks fantastic, Slammer, and I can confirm that a British-voiced speaker in a 5E3 sounds great - I have a Celestion G12H30 in mine :)

What tubes do you have in V1 and V2? If they're both 12AX7s, you'll be able to keep the amp clean way past three if you swap out V1 to a 12AY7. A halfway house option would be a 5751 - that's what I have at present and it's clean until 5 or so.

I'll send you some great info on the 5E3 controls, originally sent to me by fxdx99, which Schundog and Yoslate have also had the benefit of :)

Good luck with the clips :)

Guest HRB853370

Better than that, daisy chain the two of them, and play both at the same time! I daisy my 5E3 with most of my amps all the time, at gigs. Dee-lightful!!! Hit's a beauty, Will!

Yeah Rob, I will try that to see how it sounds. Rather impractical for my practice room, but if I ever get a gig (still working on that little detail) I will give that a try.

That looks fantastic, Slammer, and I can confirm that a British-voiced speaker in a 5E3 sounds great - I have a Celestion G12H30 in mine :)

What tubes do you have in V1 and V2? If they're both 12AX7s, you'll be able to keep the amp clean way past three if you swap out V1 to a 12AY7. A halfway house option would be a 5751 - that's what I have at present and it's clean until 5 or so.

I'll send you some great info on the 5E3 controls, originally sent to me by fxdx99, which Schundog and Yoslate have also had the benefit of :)

Good luck with the clips :)

Thank you Howard, I was awaiting that offer as both Brian and Randy mentioned they got some great tips from you. I wonder, has anybody else on this forum done that preamp tube swap?

Archived