Heritage Owners Club

Lurker, owner - H525 content

dr_iggi

I have lurked this forum for some time and owned a H575 a couple of years ago.

Yesterday, the mail brought a little package with a 2007 model H525. I believe that I am the third (and likely) last owner that this guitar will have.

DSCN4830.jpg

DSCN4835.jpg

Gave it a good clean, oiled the fretboard, and loaded it with flats. What a nice little guitar!

I am not sure yet how I feel about the roller bridge. I usually do not break strings, so I might go to a more traditional Nashville bridge eventually.

I have also contacted Lollar to see what they recommended in terms of shorter dog-ear shims. I would like to reduce the pickup height just a little bit.

Cheers people!

Congratulations, and yes, welcome to the HOC and to the 525 Club! That one looks a lot like fxdx99 (Randy's) 525. Mine is OSB, and also has the roller bridge. Some people give them a hard time, but I haven't had any problem with mine. I've had D'Darrio 10s on mine for quite a while, but I just ordered a set of D'Darrio flatwounds. We'll see which "girl" gets to wear them when they come in.

Congratulations, and yes, welcome to the HOC and to the 525 Club! That one looks a lot like fxdx99 (Randy's) 525. Mine is OSB, and also has the roller bridge. Some people give them a hard time, but I haven't had any problem with mine. I've had D'Darrio 10s on mine for quite a while, but I just ordered a set of D'Darrio flatwounds. We'll see which "girl" gets to wear them when they come in.

Using D'Addario Chromes 11s at the moment and I have a few sets of Thomastik Jazz-Swing 12s coming.

I have standard D'Addario 10s on my Tele and LP, so the flats on this one are a nice change.

Quick question: unless requested otherwise, do H252s come stock with round wound 10s?

VSB = VintageSunBurst (Your guitar came out fantastic, by the way!)

And yes, they come from the factory with roundwound 10's unless something else is ordered by the customer.

Archived