Heritage Owners Club

What is this 150

skydog52

It has a poplar back with mahogany neck. Nice and resonant.

Has anyone seen this one like this? SPCL

Dorothysbirthday046.jpg

SPCL = 150 Special

specs ..

http://web.archive.o...H150Special.htm

===========================

H-150 Special Specs:

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard - 24 3/4” scale rosewood cream bound fingerboard with 22 frets.

Body - Single cutaway with cream bound top carved maple top and solid hardwood back.

body size:

rim thickness - 1 3/4”

body width - 13”

body length - 17 1/4”

Electronics - Two chrome humbucking pickups two volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

Hardware - Chrome plated hardware. Plastic pickguard.

Color shown - Vintage Sunburst

=================================

Check out this thread from a couple of weeks ago ...

http://www.heritageo...150cm-v-h150sp/

Does it have Duncan pickups? ... I was thinking that it's a 150 special classic. and I thought classic meant duncan pickups.

That's right Fred. I recently spoke to Jay Wolfe about my newish (to me) 2005 150 Classic. I asked him about the Classic designation and he told me that it meant it came with (at the time) upgraded 59s. Schallers were the standard pickup at the time.

label.jpg

My buddy Jim has one of these. It is a 1996. Great guitar. Very loud acoustically.

That's the first thing I noticed when I received it was how acoustic it was. Special!

SPCL = 150 Special

specs ..

http://web.archive.o...H150Special.htm

===========================

H-150 Special Specs:

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard - 24 3/4” scale rosewood cream bound fingerboard with 22 frets.

Body - Single cutaway with cream bound top carved maple top and solid hardwood back.

body size:

rim thickness - 1 3/4”

body width - 13”

body length - 17 1/4”

Electronics - Two chrome humbucking pickups two volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

Hardware - Chrome plated hardware. Plastic pickguard.

Color shown - Vintage Sunburst

=================================

Check out this thread from a couple of weeks ago ...

http://www.heritageo...150cm-v-h150sp/

Thanks Southpaw. I had never seen a tag like that.

Does it have Duncan pickups? ... I was thinking that it's a 150 special classic. and I thought classic meant duncan pickups.

I don't know what pickups where in it. The previous owner put Gibby 490 R & Ts in it. It's a rocker. Still playing with it.

Thanks everyone! Knowledge central here. :icon_salut:

Guest HRB853370

That's right Fred. I recently spoke to Jay Wolfe about my newish (to me) 2005 150 Classic. I asked him about the Classic designation and he told me that it meant it came with (at the time) upgraded 59s. Schallers were the standard pickup at the time.

label.jpg

Hey, that used to be my guitar.

label.jpg

This one is a 2001 model.

Hey, that used to be my guitar.

Yes and it's spectacular!

You know Will, your timing on letting this one go saved me around $1600. I was in the early stages of working with John at Wolfe's on doing a custom 150/157. But it was going to be essentially this top, and this finish, just a little more blinged out and different pickups.

Thanks again!

Skydog52 - Did you get a new guitar???

:worthless:

Here is a couple. Still doing some cleaning and tweaking.

Dorothysbirthday054.jpg

Dorothysbirthday056.jpg

I don't know want kind of tool you use to do this to a stop tail post ^^^^^

Here is a couple. Still doing some cleaning and tweaking.

I don't know want kind of tool you use to do this to a stop tail post ^^^^^

Pretty! Happy NGD!

The tool, incidentally, is called a screwed river. It appears to be some talented craftsmanship going on there; good thing they didn't have time to wood work!

Here is a couple. Still doing some cleaning and tweaking. Dorothysbirthday056.jpg I don't know want kind of tool you use to do this to a stop tail post ^^^^^

Saw a quarter in half. Smooth the cut edge with a file. Put it into a pair of visegrips, and use the straight edge as the screw driver blade.

Saw a quarter in half. Smooth the cut edge with a file. Put it into a pair of visegrips, and use the straight edge as the screw driver blade.

My guess is the person was using a screw driver with too small a head and applying way too much pressure...

My guess is the person was using a screw driver with too small a head and applying way too much pressure...

Looks like they did it in the dark on stage. I'm just glad they didn't slip off and gouge!

Archived