Heritage Owners Club

a peek at whats in the lab...

"Stay away from the black acid..... we have heard of better trips from the blue acid"

That's pretty freakin' cool, Lance. So if I'm remembering my Fender nomenclature correctly, a 50's Champ-type circuit? I can't wait to see the final product.

Yes, the circuit is champ type. Kbp helped me tweak the plans so I can swap out the 6v6 for a 6l6 or if I so choose an el34.

I wanted something low watt and this will be able to go from about 2 watts with an el84 (yellow jacket required) to about 12 watts with a 6v6 or el34.

So far it has been super easy with the exception of a little trouble distinguishing what color some of the bands on the resistors are. Old man trifocal eyes don't help.

it's going to be quite 5f1ish... but with just a little extra...

That looks like an addition to your electrocution device collection. Make sure that you learn to bleed the caps once you start plugging her in. You wouldn't want that beard to start smoking.

Nice addition; she's a cutie!

Yes, the circuit is champ type. Kbp helped me tweak the plans so I can swap out the 6v6 for a 6l6 or if I so choose an el34.

I wanted something low watt and this will be able to go from about 2 watts with an el84 (yellow jacket required) to about 12 watts with a 6v6 or el34.

So far it has been super easy with the exception of a little trouble distinguishing what color some of the bands on the resistors are. Old man trifocal eyes don't help.

Man that is seriously cool, I never would have thought of personalizing the turret board itself like that but I like it. Since your talking about resistors, it seems like I was told or read somwhere that they are directional, or only work one way. Is that true and if so how do you tell which way is in and which way is out?

Man that is seriously cool, I never would have thought of personalizing the turret board itself like that but I like it. Since your talking about resistors, it seems like I was told or read somwhere that they are directional, or only work one way. Is that true and if so how do you tell which way is in and which way is out?

Resistors are not directional

Diodes and electrolytic capacitors that are often found in amp circuits have to go the right way though ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Its been a couple weeks... what's the latest and greatest? Does it live?

The board is loaded and all soldered up. the head cab is in the mock up stage. The only thing I'm waiting on is the chassis. As of today still on back order. The cab is going to be quite modern.... Ha,ha,ha!

Archived