Heritage Owners Club

Victory Is Mine!

totonka

I was trying to dial in my H150M that I put the Kent Armstrong P-90s in last weekend. I was also tweaking my pedals too. I had my Heritage Patriot amp on about 1 1/2 volume and my back to the door. Suddenly, the missus walks in and exclaims, "that amp is too friggin big and too friggin loud!" Now, its been some time since I've read Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, but I think what she was saying to me is, honey, I love your enthusiasm and your guitars and what you really need is a really nice newer, but smaller amp.

This Heritage Victory is on the way to the rust belt from California and should be here on Monday. It is a one owner model. He says he maybe put 20 hours on it and had it in the closet for a while.

Victory%20Front.jpg

Victory%20Back.jpg

Guest HRB853370

Now you will have 2 Heritage amps? Holy Schmoly! Send the Patriot my way since you do not want to agitate the Missus.

C'mon, Victor, she REALLY didn't say "friggin," now did she.....haha. Yeah, I think we've all heard that one a time or two...a week. That's why I've come to the conclusion that while ANY of my tube amps need some volume to sound really good, I can get decent sound out of my itty bitty Mustang I at conversation levels, and not get yelled at. Add some onboard delay or reverb, and it sounds a LOT bigger than the little box it's coming out of. $50 or so on the used market. I tell you this NOW, after the fact, so you still have the excuse for the Victory. Either that, or you explain to her that you would't be getting so loud with your electric guitars if she hadn't made you sell your Seagull acoustic to ME.... See, I've got all the answers. Just have her call me if she needs any further clarification, haha.

Ha - fantastic. A Victory for Victor. Fitting.

Like the tolex on that amp, maybe an upgrade at the time, eh? And looks to be in like new shape. Kind of a deluxe reverb based amp if I recall... Nice score - congrats!

Victory is yours! Great find.

Tone report due on arrival.

Victory%20Front.jpg

Yes, tone report please, sir! Congratulations on one of the best 22watt amps ever made.

Here are the specs:

The Heritage Victory with reverb. The tone is rich and full of harmonics. The amplifier is very sensitive to the dynamic responses of the player. The Victory is an ideal recording and club amp at 22 watts.

Control Panel

Bright Switch: A three position bright switch, which in conjunction with the treble control, allows the player to tune the treble frequencies to better match the type of guitar and pickup position used. The middle position is "off". The lower setting is a little brighter, while the higher setting is very bright. This can be just the thing to add life and sparkle to a dark neck pickup.

Volume: Controls the overall volume/gain of the amplifier

Treble: Adjusts the amount of high frequencies

Focus: Adjusts the low mid voicing of the tone controls. This will allow you to scoop or increase the low mids.

Middle: Adjusts the amount of mid frequencies

Bass: Adjusts the amount of low-end frequencies

Reverb: Adjusts the amount of reverb signal

Cut: Reduces high frequencies in the power amp section. This can smooth out and darken the overall tone.

Back Panel

Fuse: 3 Amp fuse housed within the detachable AC power connector

Bias pot and test points: See biasing instructions

Speaker jack: 8 ohm

Combo Dimensions and Specs: 1x12 open back, pine cabinet. Width: 23.25" x Height: 20"x Depth: 11.25". The combo cab is loaded with an 8 ohm Celestion G12H30

Congrats! I get the same response all the time from my wife, except she did that with my Peavey Valveking and Delta Blues, my Fender Blues Jr, my KBP RD's, and my Marshall 18w. But she also complains about my playing in the kitchen through the iPad with my headphones on. I think for Christmas, she is getting customized ear plugs because guitars are not noise free instruments...grrr..

All you wussies with complaining wives. Show em who's boss-that's what I say!

I'm convinced that early in the life of every woman, someone pulls them aside to school them in the art of complaint.

It probably starts with a reading of "The Princess and the Pea" and progresses from there.

All you wussies with complaining wives. Show em who's boss-that's what I say!

Hell, I did and I own a Victory now, too. I can turn it up as loud as I want now. Damn straight! Only cost me half of everything I've ever earned and owned in my entire life!

On a lighter note, the Victory is a fantastic amplifier. Absolutuely love mine! But dont be fooled, 20 all-tube watts is not quiet. Be prepared for another "too friggin' loud" speech. And enjoy the Victory!!!

Nice :) How is the Victory voiced?

Over on TGP, there is a thread that discussed the Victory. According to Paul Cochrane, who designed the amp, "The victory started out life as a 6v6 take on an AC50. Then some tweed and black face elements started to creep in along with verb and other things. It's not a direct clone of any given circuit, but it has elements of 50's/60's fenders along with voxy things."

I don't know what any of that means, but I'm just hoping to hear my guitars plugged in. Does that description mean anything to you?

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=216309&highlight=heritage+victory+combo

Over on TGP, there is a thread that discussed the Victory. According to Paul Cochrane, who designed the amp, "The victory started out life as a 6v6 take on an AC50. Then some tweed and black face elements started to creep in along with verb and other things. It's not a direct clone of any given circuit, but it has elements of 50's/60's fenders along with voxy things."

I don't know what any of that means, but I'm just hoping to hear my guitars plugged in. Does that description mean anything to you?

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=216309&highlight=heritage+victory+combo

The individual parts mean things to me but all together I'm having a hard time imagining what this would sound like! :) I'm guessing good cleans with fairly articulate dirt when pushed.

http://www.thegearpa...e+victory+combo

it's an original design & sound. if he had to compare it to anything, maybe Vox AC-50 (middle period high-powered Beatles, for example). so, expect British chime & crunch. there's also a bit of '50's Fender tweed, maybe somewhere between Deluxe and Bassman lurking in the lows and mids. think tweed Deluxe without the flubby lows when you crank it.

it also had lots of headroom, so that's 22 watts of usable cleans with a single-coil guitar. medium-to-high-output 'buckers will make it crunch and sing.

loves pedals. if you like the sound of your guitar & amp, then a PaulC Tim or Timmy pedal is the ticket for low-to-medium-gain crunchy sounds.

forewarning/you-probly-know-this-already-but: for most applications (household, e.g.) there's just not that much diff twixt 22w & 50w

add'l: cuz of cab design & specs (Peter Mather), this is the biggest, most spacious sounding 1x12 combo i've ever played...

congrats,

B)

Hell, I did and I own a Victory now, too. I can turn it up as loud as I want now. Damn straight! Only cost me half of everything I've ever earned and owned in my entire life!

Exactly!!! Not that I have much other than debt... She's welcome to pay for 1/2 of that! :)

Seriously though, mine has a serious issue with noise... Even in the car, when the stereo is not even close to "feeling" the music, its too loud... She's lucky she's not in the car when I'm driving back and forth to work! :headbang:

Here is a Wolfe Guitars youtube video of a demo of the Heritage h-150 and a Heritage Victory Combo amp.

Here is another demo. Gosh, the amp in the first video looks as big as my Heritage Patriot, while the amp in the 2nd video is more of what I am expecting.

I really dig the sound tho. Looking forward to receiving this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived