Heritage Owners Club

Heritage at the GB guitar show

James535

High End guitars brought a really nice selection of Kalamazoo timber along to the GB guitar show this weekend. I went along this morning for a couple of hours, it was only a small show really but nice to see a good handful of Heritage guitars. Definitely was my highlight from the show.

I grabbed some photos on my phone to show you what they had on the stand...

e845028f357c386d183fdf45cf620e99_zps3774

Couple of very nice 535s, the blonde one had a fantastic maple top in the flesh. The red one was a lot more plain, but had a slightly fatter neck. The 555 was stunning, I had a good look all over it and it couldn't be faulted. Top workmanship

fe17a3f1b7f97745317f914f3b92158b_zps11dd

696ef6b3d38126894ea22fb8ae833dc8_zps358d

980b12ad07731ee25b8947e3671a8d06_zps743a

This one had my attention for a good while. Stunning guitar. The headstock was a little larger too, hadn't really noticed in photographs I'd seen of the model before.

4178fa153905f63f51cec321b695b45a_zps28f6

Mr.Cool here was a stunner. So classy.

Sorry the photo quality isn't great, but thought it was still worth sharing the photos.

Cheers,

James.

Looks like a nice selection of Heritages there for the show. :icon_thumright:

High End Guitars tried hard to sell me the S/H Santa Cruz at £4000 which can be seen behind the blond H575,but I

wasnt impressed.All of the Heritages on the stand were new except for a S/H H155.Intersting show though(but loud)

Thanks James, good to see that Heritage has invaded the UK :). Any gauge as to customer interest or general feedback on Heritage? How many did you buy? Very few of us can have just one.

Sadly no purchase for me time. Could have definitely been tempted with one if the money was in my pocket though!

There was a few guys looking and playing one when I was at the stand, so I imagine there was a fair bit of interest over the weekend. All the guitars really looked incredible and stood out so I imagine they caught a lot of people's eyes/wallets!

were those used or new?

All were new, but I believe the red and blonde 535s had been in stock at high end for quite some time as I remember looking at them on their website when I was looking for mine. So they were discounted for the show.

High End Guitars tried hard to sell me the S/H Santa Cruz at £4000 which can be seen behind the blond H575,but I

wasnt impressed.All of the Heritages on the stand were new except for a S/H H155.Intersting show though(but loud)

Ahh so you had a play of the Santa Cruz? It looked incredible, kind of sad to hear it wasn't a good player to back its looks up though. I was going ask at another stand to have a play of a decent priced 50s Martin 000, but the sheer volume in the hall there is no way I'd have even heard myself.

Seemed to be 'the terrible playing, as loud as you can battle' going on all day. Lord knows how the guys working on the stands can put up with it all weekend! Not a bad show though, nice to see a lot of the small hand made UK guitar makers there.

Youre right about the noise,but I managed to get to use the managers office to try the acoustics.Sadly none

of them came close in sound to the 1934 O-17 which I bought last week for much less money.It needs a bit of loving

care (which its away getting at the moment) but what a sound.

Youre right about the noise,but I managed to get to use the managers office to try the acoustics.Sadly none

of them came close in sound to the 1934 O-17 which I bought last week for much less money.It needs a bit of loving

care (which its away getting at the moment) but what a sound.

Brilliant, sounds like a great guitar to me. Any photos of it? I played a 30s or 40s Martin OM or 000 can't remember the exact model now as it was a good 10 years ago at Vintage & Rare in Bath. It was without doubt the best sounding acoustic I've personal played/heard. I was young at the time so no way I could have afforded it, but I am yet to find an acoustic that felt as good as that one. One day I might find the grail!

Great stuff. Thanks. Had a quick glance at his website, the guitars look stunning. Love the parlour style sized guitars. I will have to look into those when I have the money together, his base model seems very reasonably priced for a handmade acoustic.

Cheers bud

Nice group of Heritage gits---Hioundhome--I notice You are an MG fan---I used to own a midget--burny orange--super small, but super cool. It could be a bit daunting to drive it though on the American interstates w/ all of the large trucks going 75 mph. Cool cars...and great gits!

Hi Heritage7, been an MG fan most of my life,my first car was a 1947 MGTC which I bought in 1965

and still own.Ive had a couple of Midgets and my partner used to own the only MG Montego estate ever built.

Great car but we were never sure ordering spare parts since it was a prototype!!

Archived