Heritage Owners Club

Chicago Blues Box...incoming

Yep. And every Tweed amp clone maker on the planet.

And Fender's own early amp circuits were based on standard amplification circuit diagrams designed by RCA.

Oh yeah....the madien voyage is complete! After the first 10 minutes, i wasnt inpressed with the stock Tele Tubby speaker (cant remeber the real name, hemp cone speaker) it sounded like open ass! So i took it out and replaced it with a Celestion G12 Vintage 30.....much better!!!

Started messing around with the tone and bright settings. It is a bright amp...but can be controled. The harmonic boost feature is one thing i really like about this amp...really pumps up your mids and bottom end. The reverb is nice and drippy.

There is no master volume, and since it is now setup with 6L6s, there is quite a bit of clean headroom. Its very easy to dial in a full rich tone. Without a pedal it breaks up nicely at about 3 oclock, for a killer blues tone, especially on the neck pickup.

Then it was time to try some pedals. The Strymon ElCapistan tape echo sounds great through it. As far as overdrive, the Home Brew Power Screamer, Exotic AC booster and the Fulltone OCD sound great through this amp.

I will hopefully have a sound clip tomorrow evening...

cbb4_zps0389312c.jpg

cbb3_zps5942dda9.jpg

cbb2_zps201567dd.jpg

cbb5_zps663533ab.jpg

cbb7_zpsc1c7ceb9.jpg

cbb1_zpse2c441c0.jpg

Hmm, I don't know what I like best... The Throbak or that Blues Box... I'd love to take 'em both! I do like the extension jacks being low on the amp.... Makes it much cleaner when stacking it on top of other cabs... If you still have that 2x12, be sure to test it on that too.

Guest HRB853370

No they wouldn't... They'd have to sue a laundry list of amp makers... Including Marshall since the JCM45 is based upon the Bassman...

Yep. And every Tweed amp clone maker on the planet.

And Fender's own early amp circuits were based on standard amplification circuit diagrams designed by RCA.

They have to start someplace. And I heard they are getting very aggressive now. I wouldn't chance it. They could confiscate Brent's amp.

I see it came with a Slave.

That's really handy in case you accidentally leave an empty beer glass lying around the cave, or neglect to vaccuum the carpet for a couple of months.

Or need someone to push-start your car.

I had the 30 Watt version of this amp. I would say it is more Tweed to British voiced. It doesn't sound like a Fender Deluxe Reverb, it has it's own thing going on. It take pedal very well!!!

this one is 30w now since it was converted to 6L6s....having bias bots for each power tube is very handy! you can do EL34s, 6V6s....one 6L6/6V6/EL34.....lots of possabilities!!!

i picked up a vintage GE rectifier and a set of NOS GE 6L6s last night off FEEBAY....gonna try them out in this amp, see how the vintage tubes respond to this lil Blues Box

I see it came with a Slave.

That's really handy in case you accidentally leave an empty beer glass lying around the cave, or neglect to vaccuum the carpet for a couple of months.

Or need someone to push-start your car.

LMAO!!!!

Archived