Heritage Owners Club

it goes to 12....that's one better than 11, innit?

bolero

actually it's a GARNET, and it's been my main amp for a while

Garnet's were handwired amps built from '66 or so until '80, in Winnipeg....Gar Gillies was the designer and he really had his own unique circuit ideas

they are killer amps, under the radar...Lenny Kravitz has one called the BTO which is a 100w head

this is a "Jammer"...a 2xEL34 powerhouse in a 1x12 combo....2 cascaded preamps that can also be used individually. the footswitch bypasses the tone stack & gives it a bit more presence/vol for leads

right now I have an Eminence red fang in it, which is alnico & sounds great....but I might go back to a ceramic mag speaker...it gets really creamy but I think I want a crisper/edgier sound

jammer-seat.jpg

13 Sounds pretty dangerous. It might split atoms. :icon_shaking2::toothy4:

I have a team of engineering interns locked in my basement working around the clock for the past few years trying to figure out how to get an amp to 13 without facing potential atomic implications; I think we should have a breakthrough any day now.

...oh shoot, wait, do interns need food and water? Because I think we might be back to square one on this again. :wacko_mini:

^^^ One of those things that sounded funnier in my head before I posted it - sometimes I really wish that edit button hanged around a little longer.

***Note that no engineering students were harmed in the making of kbp amplifiers.

I have a team of engineering interns locked in my basement working around the clock for the past few years trying to figure out how to get an amp to 13 without facing potential atomic implications; I think we should have a breakthrough any day now.

...oh shoot, wait, do interns need food and water? Because I think we might be back to square one on this again. :wacko_mini:

^^^ One of those things that sounded funnier in my head before I posted it - sometimes I really wish that edit button hanged around a little longer.

***Note that no engineering students were harmed in the making of kbp amplifiers.

:laughing11: Interns don't need no stinkin' food or water.

Do you think the amp builders at Garnet were using a clock dial as reference??

Virtually ALL of the EQ dials go to 12...even the REVERB!!

When they finished production of that amp, I bet they screammed..."Its ALIVE!"

colin_its_aliveThumb.jpg

if you get all the interns hammered you might just get lucky! wink, wink..

Archived