Heritage Owners Club

2000 Roy Clark finds a new home

bsck1

Yesterday, I received my first Heritage guitar, a 2000 Roy Clark, natural finish, purchased from HOC member, MartyGrass. It is also my first electric guitar. On many levels I feel very undeserving of this positively stunning instrument. Holding this new guitar evokes thoughts of childhood elation on Christmas morning.

While I have been researching on the HOC forum for quite some time, it feels great to be an actual owner. Members have been so supportive and responsive to my PMs as different questions popped up. I would especially like to thank HOC members: drHoward, Kuz, Tabor, Slammer, brentrocks, C9Y, and especially MartyGrass, for sharing their wealth of knowledge and advice as I worked through my apprehensions and purchase anxiety.

I wish I had the requisite knowledge to adequately describe the guitar, but will respectfully defer to MartyGrass' posting and accompanying pictures in the "Marketplace" for a much more informed description than I could provide.

I am an old dog, trying to learn new tricks. As a retirement present to myself in Jan 2012, I began guitar lessons with a very patient teacher. My hope is with each passing week I can gain a little more skill, and a lot more dexterity, to be able to evoke more tone, and less unintentional fat finger mutes, from this beautiful instrument.

Thanks again to all who helped me on this journey, and I look forward to future interaction with the HOC, and Heritage family.

post-5684-0-48858800-1370463228_thumb.jpg

That's a very classy (first) electric guitar. That alone will give you a bit more incentive to stay with it and make it sing for you.

Welcome to the HOC.

Congrats! The necks on the Roy Clark are very special. I should think this guitar will help you play better as there is no faster neck in the world (My opinion....). I bought one that's not as fancy from Brent about...wow, like 7 years ago? Love that guitar. That is a guitar to love and hold and pass on to someone you care about when you are done with it. Not one to sell.

Congratulations on retirement AND on that beautiful Heritage. Welcome to the HOC! I wish you the best on your new endeavor to learn guitar. Where in Western Illinois are you? I live in Bloomington/Normal; if you are ever over this way, let me know in advance and maybe we can meet.

I'm just 120 miles up I-74 from ya on the Mississippi. We go through your area frequently. When I get a lot more confidence in my playing you may get a call.

Yesterday, I received my first Heritage guitar, a 2000 Roy Clark, natural finish, purchased from HOC member, MartyGrass. It is also my first electric guitar. On many levels I feel very undeserving of this positively stunning instrument. Holding this new guitar evokes thoughts of childhood elation on Christmas morning.

While I have been researching on the HOC forum for quite some time, it feels great to be an actual owner. Members have been so supportive and responsive to my PMs as different questions popped up. I would especially like to thank HOC members: drHoward, Kuz, Tabor, Slammer, brentrocks, C9Y, and especially MartyGrass, for sharing their wealth of knowledge and advice as I worked through my apprehensions and purchase anxiety.

I wish I had the requisite knowledge to adequately describe the guitar, but will respectfully defer to MartyGrass' posting and accompanying pictures in the "Marketplace" for a much more informed description than I could provide.

I am an old dog, trying to learn new tricks. As a retirement present to myself in Jan 2012, I began guitar lessons with a very patient teacher. My hope is with each passing week I can gain a little more skill, and a lot more dexterity, to be able to evoke more tone, and less unintentional fat finger mutes, from this beautiful instrument.

Thanks again to all who helped me on this journey, and I look forward to future interaction with the HOC, and Heritage family.

attachicon.gifRoy Clark.jpg

Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person and hearing it, even before PSP.

bsck, welcome to the HOC. I lived in the Quad Cities '87-95, as you know, the west end of I 74. In fact it was when I lived there that due to urging of other musical friend I was inspired to pick up my guitar once again and start playing at age 40ish after a 20 year hiatus as a closet player.

Now I can't get enough of playing music. I know now why my own father started playing music again at a post-retirement age (not guitar). He so enjoyed it he spent his last day on this earth playing with his friends late into the night before just not waking up. I think, if I can only be so lucky.

So, welcome to the cult, and play that beautiful guitar to the extent you can! You got a GOOD ONE for your first one--

Archived