Heritage Owners Club

Finally took the re-fretted "Mystic Juju" H170 out for a spin

RhoadsScholar

Well I finally got to take my re-fretted H170 "Mystic Juju" out for a spin last night using my recently acquired Fender Blues Junior (the tiny TWEED amp stage right). No Effects, straight into the amp with all tone settings at about 1 o'clock, Volume all the way up, and master volume on about 7 (it goes to 12 ! )... I thought the thing hung with the band pretty well. Thanks to my wife for capturing the moment

HOW LONG / OH Carol. Mr. Big's has a great Thursday Open mike in Waterford for all my greater Detroit hoc buddies. Hope to get you to come on down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zZV-tb1Xyk&feature=youtu.be

The Blues jr rocks... So does that 170! Glad you finally got to bring it out.... I tell you, I never had my Blues Jr ever turned up that much... I'm starting to think I should say screw the mic'ing of the amp and just crank it! You've shown me it can be done and sound good Robert! Awesome job!

+1

nice riffing RhodesScholar!

I'd jam w/you anytime if you'd have me.

Well I finally got to take my re-fretted H170 "Mystic Juju" out for a spin last night using my recently acquired Fender Blues Junior (the tiny TWEED amp stage right). No Effects, straight into the amp with all tone settings at about 1 o'clock, Volume all the way up, and master volume on about 7 (it goes to 12 ! )... I thought the thing hung with the band pretty well. Thanks to my wife for capturing the moment

HOW LONG / OH Carol. Mr. Big's has a great Thursday Open mike in Waterford for all my greater Detroit hoc buddies. Hope to get you to come on down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zZV-tb1Xyk&feature=youtu.be

Hey great playing all around I really enjoyed that. Great lead breaks and liked the guy on the Tele too he's solid, I actually kind of got a kick out of the bass player though, he was tight and playing some nice parts but no expression whatsoever, he looked un enthused!

Sounding good Bob! You seem happy to get your 170 back and your enthusiasm shines through!

On another note, people are often surprised at what a Blues Jr can do. It is definitely gig worthy.

Time to show off the guitar, the star of the show:

Thought I would show off the guitar and the refret job a little more. DetroitBlues turned me on to his tech danjosguitars in livonia. THe refret (stainless steel frets and fretboard level/dress set up was $325 but well worth it). Here is a pic of Mystic Juju

632307d6-99a5-4244-a07c-69f3849349d8_zps

Here is the library of photos, chambered 170 done in all gold (Floyd came in to do this one), Marv did the neck. the very 1st 170 second edition.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/rhoadsscholar/library/#/user/rhoadsscholar/library/H170%20Mystic%20Juju?sort=3&page=1&_suid=137070086093107788179072006912

Archived