Heritage Owners Club

NHD, Heritage #2

bsck1

It was just a short 8 weeks ago when I got to make my first posting to the HOC Forum. Accepting procession of a beautiful 2000 Roy Clark from MartyGrass, I enthusiastically announced my change in status from lurker, to Heritage owner. This was my first “electric” guitar, as well as my first Heritage. Your welcome and kind wishes were genuinely appreciated, even if the subtlety of the suggestion that it would probably not be my last, went sailing overhead, without notice.

post-5684-0-09759300-1374350628_thumb.jpg

So, I’m here today to say “you were all right!” Late Friday afternoon FedEx delivered the most incredibly gorgeous 2004 two-tone, Florentine Golden Eagle Thinline to my door, also courtesy of MartyGrass (Mark).

post-5684-0-75629800-1374350624_thumb.jpg

post-5684-0-04846400-1374350626_thumb.jpg

Last night I only had the chance to tune it and play it unplugged, and I was overwhelmed at its acoustic presentation. This morning I finally plugged it in and again, WOW, did those Lace Alumitone PUPs ever perform. They are a perfect fit for this guitar.

Keeping in mind my level of musical proficiency is fully challenged by the Hal Leonard Easy Pop Melodies series, my assessments are those of an very unsophisticated student. That being said, the action is spot on, the neck profile seems to facilitate quick and accurate movement, and I feel darn right handsome with this beauty in my lap! Mark sent it to me strung with LaBella Flatwound 11s, and do they ever feel nice and sound wonderful. He even included extra B and high E strings in the case along with all the associated Heritage documentation. If every HOC marketplace transaction goes like the way Mark has treated me, this truly is a great bunch of folks! I couldn’t be happier.

A final note, I had ordered a custom ordered a MOP TRC for the Roy Clark, with my wife’s name engraved upon it. When I opened the case to the Golden Eagle, I knew immediately I would be transferring it to the GE. Now I’ve got two beautiful gals in my life, and the Roy Clark who is no longer “a boy named Sue” (as well as beautiful daughter and daughter-in-law, and handsome son and son-in-law). Who knows who might be reading this entry!

post-5684-0-30655700-1374350627_thumb.jpg

And now you know why my wife doesn’t let me write the annual Christmas card letter!

Nice collection you're building there! Congratulations :)

My Susan says the guitar rack is full, and I'm done! At this point in time, I think she is right. But never say never......

That is awesome!! Congratulations. I've picked up 3 from Mark myself, and agree that he is a top notch seller with great stuff. Enjoy.

Thanks Brian. So since there is no chance of my playing either at PSP VI, which should I bring for the group photo?

Guitars racks are like beds. There's beds .......

..... and then there's bunk beds.

:icon_thumright:

I like the way you think! You could get me in real trouble I fear!

Thank you for blowing up the images.

Guitars racks are like beds. There's beds .......

..... and then there's bunk beds.

:icon_thumright:

And then there's flower beds. I've got tons of flowers on my flower beds. And ten guitar cases under the bed ;)

That's a great pair!

Don't fall victim to all that "too many guitars" bs. If you have the money there should be no problem with indulging. You could be collecting motorcycles, or cars, or guns, or girlfriends!

That's a beautiful guitar! The good Doctor MG has supplied many of us with new toys. I would go ahead and get another Heritage and tell your wife you thought she said you were fun, not done.

I just read these comments to Susan. I'm pretty sure I saw the corners of her mouth go up, even as she tried to scowl.

Nice pair! You better bring the Eagle for the group shot. If her dance card is not too full, I'd like a trip across the floor with her. :)

Thanks Brian. So since there is no chance of my playing either at PSP VI, which should I bring for the group photo?

I don't think there is a WRONG answer! Either one would be a treat to see, but I dig that Eagle, man... Plus, Alumitones look as cool as they sound. GREAT pickups!

It sure would be nice for Susan to see "Susan" in the picture..... It might lessen the resistance when you start looking at that Millie, or maybe a nice 525. ;)

Looking forward to meeting you at PSP!

Susan laughed and then said "that guy is getting blocked". She's a funny gal, that one.

Archived