Heritage Owners Club

My First Heritage

Beagle216

I got my first Heritage 535... The story of how I cam to own it is already in my profile, so not sure if I should post it here, but check it out if you like! I am obsessed with this thing and just wanted to show it off!

post-16310-0-52249600-1375802170_thumb.jpg

post-16310-0-75710900-1375802172_thumb.jpg

post-16310-0-17797700-1375802166_thumb.jpg

post-16310-0-33567000-1375802168_thumb.jpg

post-16310-0-11506300-1375802175_thumb.jpg

Here is my story on how I came to be the proud owner of a Heritage 535.

I am absolutely into collecting high quality instruments, to PLAY them, and found out about Heritage Guitars at my local Music Go Round on Aug. 3rd 2013. As soon as I plugged it in, I got goosebumps and just started laughing uncontrollably. I went home without it that day, but I literally couldn't sleep that night, and dreamt about the guitar. I hadn't had feelings like this about a guitar in a long time. I knew that I had do do whatever I could to own it. Then I read about the company's legacy and where they were making guitars out of and I was even more convinced that this had to be mine.

I had to sell 4 out of my collection of 7 to fund the purchase, and I couldn't be happier. I am absolutely obsessed with the tone, playability, and quality craftsmanship of my 1990 Heritage 535 that I got. Funny enough this was the 4th guitar built, just 3 days after my birthday which I didn't find out until after I got it home. I am only older than my guitar by 3 years and 3 days... I am not sure why I find that cool, but I do. Consequently, I already named it: Aquarius.

I know I was supposed to have this guitar, and it is NEVER going anywhere. I am excited to join the Heritage Owners Club, and I am proud to be a member and support this amazing company.

A '91, right? G series. And yeah, no one is allowed to wax on about how they got their guitar. Not on this site, anyway .............. NOT!!! So, do tell.

Well, go one then! (posted same time as above)

Welcome Beagle216. This is a great place where we discuss great guitars. It's nice to have you on board.

A '91, right? G series. And yeah, no one is allowed to wax on about how they got their guitar. Not on this site, anyway .............. NOT!!! So, do tell.

Well, go one then! (posted same time as above)

Story Posted! I think G=1990. H=1991.

Nice story. Much the same as myself. I couldn't sleep well until I got my H150 here. It arrived last Saturday and now I can sleep nights again. I play it daily for 1-3 hours every day. My other guitars are lonesome now and I must start rotating again. I don't like guitars just sitting there looking at me when I play. I feel guilty for some reason. Owwwww.. self confessions of a dedicated guitarist.

Welcome to the forum.. I just recently joined and really like this one.

Very nice, congrats! Glad to see some young bucks joining the forum...

I have an old soul! Most of my friends don't understand me! My favorite era of music was late 60's. I am into, in no particular order: Woodstock, The Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers, Neil Young, CSNY, Jimi Hendrix (of course), Joe Cocker, Pink Floyd (Animals, Wish You Were Here, & The Wall in particular), just to name a few. PLUS a lot of modern musicians who still play "real" music like Jason Mraz (Not his mainstream pop stuff), John Mayer (same caveat as Jason Mraz), Johnny Lang, & Derek Trucks (The sole reason I purchased my SG).

I have an old soul! Most of my friends don't understand me! My favorite era of music was late 60's. I am into, in no particular order: Woodstock, The Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers, Neil Young, CSNY, Jimi Hendrix (of course), Joe Cocker, Pink Floyd (Animals, Wish You Were Here, & The Wall in particular), just to name a few. PLUS a lot of modern musicians who still play "real" music like Jason Mraz (Not his mainstream pop stuff), John Mayer (same caveat as Jason Mraz), Johnny Lang, & Derek Trucks (The sole reason I purchased my SG).

You need to throw Ten Years After onto that list. Alvin Lee played a 535, unfortunately he just passed away.

I've had my 535 for about 9 months, long enough for the honeymoon and infatuation period to subside. But it is still the only guitar I play. I look at the other six guitars I own and wonder why they are still there.

...what is a stinger?

Welcome to the HOC! This H is a 63 ;)

A stinger is the painted rear of the headstock that goes to a point on the neck. A sought after feature :)

How did you get the images to post at full size? I am such a newbie with this being my first forum... haha. Also, forgive the ignorance, but what is a stinger?

There's a " how-to-for-posting-photobucket-pictures" here ...

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/777-how-to-for-posting-photobucket-pictures/

Did I mention that stingers are cool ? :icon_rr:

• 4 weeks later...

Had some time over the weekend to put her in the sun and snap a few! I love the tone of this guitar. I am going to put up a video soon so that the tone of this thing with the Antiquities can truly be heard! This guitar is going to be buried with me (not really) but I will be passing it down. I LOVE IT MORE EVERY TIME I PLAY IT!!! Even a hack like me has awesome tone with this thing!

IMG_4036_zps1394aac2.jpg

bca6ddaf-ab40-4995-b897-684ed044d4f6_zps

Archived