Heritage Owners Club

Alex Skolnick Ditches Heritage Guitars

HANGAR18

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

NO WAY???!!!

Hey Guys....My Heritage guitars are as good as it gets, and my partner Barbara Martin just became a Heritage endorsee and is having an H575 mH thin built right now. Rich Ralston is a wonderful luthier that wanted to design and build a signature model for me. It is a beautiful instrument and the nexk specs are exactly that of my sunburst custon 16. He is sponsoring a tour of New Zealand in Feb and March for me and Barbara as well..Just like you all of you guys I appreciate fine instruments, and I have a Benedetto Bravo and just signed with Breedlove and play a Legacy Concert acoustic as well. A friend told me the ultimate number of guitars for a person is one more than you already have, and I think that's true (Grin) Barbara and I hope to see you all at PSP next year..Sorry to not be here more on the forum, but plan to do that since I have gone into semi-retirement from the University teaching gig and more into F/T gigging and private teaching. Also had my website redesuigned finally www.vincelewis.com Health is great now as well with clean checkups so all is good and I hope it is for you all as well...

Great, great, great news Vince!!! You have been missed but we know how busy you are. You should have zero regrets about someone wanting to build you a signature guitar. Quite the opposite you should be honored and we are all proud of you!!!!

Everyone here has at least one guitar that is not Heritage. No reason why we can't enjoy all of them.

Do you do any Skype or Facetime private lessons?

Hey Guys....My Heritage guitars are as good as it gets, and my partner Barbara Martin just became a Heritage endorsee and is having an H575 mH thin built right now. Rich Ralston is a wonderful luthier that wanted to design and build a signature model for me. It is a beautiful instrument and the nexk specs are exactly that of my sunburst custon 16. He is sponsoring a tour of New Zealand in Feb and March for me and Barbara as well..Just like you all of you guys I appreciate fine instruments, and I have a Benedetto Bravo and just signed with Breedlove and play a Legacy Concert acoustic as well. A friend told me the ultimate number of guitars for a person is one more than you already have, and I think that's true (Grin) Barbara and I hope to see you all at PSP next year..Sorry to not be here more on the forum, but plan to do that since I have gone into semi-retirement from the University teaching gig and more into F/T gigging and private teaching. Also had my website redesuigned finally www.vincelewis.com Health is great now as well with clean checkups so all is good and I hope it is for you all as well...

If you wind up with a free time in Auckland, check out Caitlin Smith at Hotel DeBretts on Sunday nights. A very pleasant way to spend an evening.

There's also the 121 Cafe in Ponsonby. Some of the area's most talented show up for a Jam session Thursday nights.

Alex sounds like a classy guy. I took a quick look with an ultra simple google search on his name for guitars...and up popped a bunch of signature ESP's available with price listed from multiple locations right at the top of the search. Nothing heritage at all initially until I refined the search a bit.

That's all the explanation I needed.

My work is completely unrelated to music, but a handful of years back at a professional conference a young gal stood up during a discussion regarding how to get a message out to more people...and spoke about how her generation wants to find something online quickly and easily, often at the spur of the moment too. If it isn't readily visible online they aren't going to see it.

I had a Alex Skolnick LTD guitar for a bit but I sent it back I did take a picture of it though. I also sent Alex a Facebook message asking about why he switched and to my surprise he actually answered .

I had a Alex Skolnick LTD guitar for a bit but I sent it back I did take a picture of it though. I also sent Alex a Facebook message asking about why he switched and to my surprise he actually answered .

What did he say his reason was?

I can copy what he wrote to me but it might make some people mad and being a new HOC member I don't want to start any issues here.

I dont know. Seems like it was a private correspondence. I would probably leave it.

He has been quite public and honest about it on the webs anyway.

Got Paraphrase?

I'll try, and I hardly know who he is, but I heard a little about it when it was first made public.

He loves Heritage guitars.

He wasn't getting the kind of advertising he wanted from Heritage for his signature guitar.

He signed on with ESP because they will promote his signature guitar.

I don't think it is more complicated than that.

By the way, Johnny Hiland (excellent guitar picker in Nashville) dropped PRS and went with Music Man a few years back. The details of the switch were not disclosed, but he did say that it was the right decision for his family. PRS simply did not say much of anything which I felt was rather classy. Sometimes we just don't know the details but both artists (Skolnick and Hiland) have said they still love the guitars they moved away from. It wasn't about the guitar it was about the business deal.

I can copy what he wrote to me but it might make some people mad and being a new HOC member I don't want to start any issues here.

Earlier in this thread somewhere (I think) was a quote from him that he made where he very gracefully offered an explanation. I think it was part of the first ESP official announcement of the endorsement.

If you wind up with a free time in Auckland, check out Caitlin Smith at Hotel DeBretts on Sunday nights. A very pleasant way to spend an evening.

There's also the 121 Cafe in Ponsonby. Some of the area's most talented show up for a Jam session Thursday nights.

This is really nice. Thanks for posting it.

Archived