Heritage Owners Club

Alex Skolnick Ditches Heritage Guitars

HANGAR18

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M. Night Shyamalan twist: ESP is having Heritage ghost build Skolnick's new signature model.

Lol.

Edit to add David Lynch (not Dune) twist: at Skolnick's request.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OMG! That's hysterical! Problem solved. hahaha

He responded to a guy on his blog. Kind of explains the same thing we are saying here:

So sad you left Heritage. I own a Heritage AS Signature and it's the best guitar in the world. Anyway, I sure hope you fully enjoy your new affiliation. Best of luck.
CJ

• Parting from Heritage Guitars has been a very difficult decision, one that hasn't been taken lightly. I've thought long and hard about how this might affect folks like yourself, who are Heritage appreciators (as I am still). I greatly appreciate that you own my signature Heritage (consider yourself lucky - they're incredibly difficult to acquire, which has certainly affected this decision).

Keep in mind that I've hung in there with Heritage for many years now, rejecting other offers in the process. While Heritage's craftsmanship is unrivaled, there are certain elements of the way the company has been run that weren't working for me. As I indicated in this post, I'll be writing more about this in the future. When that happens, I believe it'll all make more sense.

In the meantime, thank you for expressing your thoughts with class.

It sounds like a lot of it may just be turn around time, and availability. ESP pumps out a ton more guitars through both the ESP and LTD names, and damaged instruments can be replaced quickly. also they are very available on the market. heritage, not so much.

Kinda reminds me of the reasons behind why EVH left EBMM and went to Peavey. EBMM couldn't produce the guitars fast enough.

It looks like he plays a wound G string as opposed to a solid G string.

I forget which brand of strings it was where I was given a choice which to install. (There were two G strings in the package... 1 wound and 1 solid.)

:icon_thumleft::headbang: for the wound G. I've migrated to Mangan set; 10 - 50 with a 20W G. LOVE> Super bendy and full.

Guest HRB853370

Well, I really want to see Heritage Guitar Inc. grow and prosper but there is only so much any one of us fanatics in the HOC can do to promote their instruments to the younger generations. I was quite a bit dissapointed that the one current signature artist they had who is currently playing in front of young audiences departed to a different brand.

Ultimately, the fate of Heritage Guitar Inc. is in the hands of Heritage Guitar Inc. so I guess I'm done griping about it. For now. $#!+ happens.

I hear ya man, but Heritage is a unique company. I was surprised they had ANY famous endorsers to be honest. They just kind of fly under the radar and do things right. If somebody notorious wants to endorse it, they would probably do it. But I doubt they are out seeking endorsers like Gibson and Fender do.

Just a thought, when Alex said he has issues with the way Heritage is being run he may be referring to their lack of advertising. I doubt many people outside the Heritage sphere of influence ever knew there was a Skolnick signature guitar and that probably accounts for the small number sold. I'm pretty sure a lack of advertising won't be an issue with the ESP model. We'll just have to wait and see how well it sells.

Sorry to see Alex go. Maybe Brent will finally sell me that rapidly depreciating Skolnick model gitfiddle he's been coveting. :icon_rr:

Hahahaha.....

I spoke with Alex today.I mentioned how understanding this forum was.He was profondly gratefull.It really is a big picture thing.Not my place to say much more.We were lucky to have him.Class act folks.

profoundly grateful.

I spoke with Alex today.I mentioned how understanding this forum was.He was profondly gratefull.It really is a big picture thing.Not my place to say much more.We were lucky to have him.Class act folks.

profoundly grateful.

Thank you for the info. Tell Alex we wish him all the best in the future and maybe he could give us an update once in a while on how things are going. Class act for sure.

Good read. Seems to be some dissent on the ESP forum..

quote from post 18: "Definitely preferred his heritage model. This ESP seems like a cash-in, or an effort to get more exposure. Much like his co-guitarist with that Dean V. (blah)"

Post 19 more to the point but quoting it would be against the sensibilities of the HOC..

Alex seems to be a class act..good luck to him.

Music is a hobby for most of us -but it's the business he's in. He's lent his name to Heritage guitars, and only a handful of his signature model ever got into private hands.

I'm sure that disappoints him. It would disappoint me.

Everything I've read about him, and what I've read that was written by him convinces me he's someone worthy of respect, who I would enjoy knowing.

I can only wish him the best. I'll bet the boys (and girl) at 225 Parsons St. feel similarly.

Archived