Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Signature models

brentrocks

Yeah... Kahunas are nice. though essentially they are just slightly modified H150CMs.

I definitely have a pretty weird one though

kahuna7.jpg

I've gotta get the output jack fixed. It's rotated in a way where the spring part is running right into the side of the hole, so it's really hard to put in a cord.

Kahuna's are cool!

I saw a Schecter guitar recently and thought to myself, "Hey! That's a Kahuna body shape!"

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-SLS-Solo-6.aspx

I saw a Schecter guitar recently and thought to myself, "Hey! That's a Kahuna body shape!"

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-SLS-Solo-6.aspx

And the Kahuna is pretty darned close to another brand's body shape...

http://www.collingsguitars.com/Instruments/?ID=34

http://www.collingsguitars.com/Instruments/?ID=38

Oh? Do tell!?

Heritage guitars are not as easy to get as a mass produced guitar if you are touring the world and you need replacement guitars fast.

The design is also "locked in" as he put it. (Which is one of the qualities that we like about Heritage guitars in that they are still made the old school way.)

Oh? Do tell!?

I say, issues he "alluded" to, referring to his statements, shared in this thread. I don't know what exactly the issues were. In the context of THIS thread, I'm simply saying that with as high profile an artist as Warren is, if they couldn't support the volume demand of a Skolnick signature model, how would they support a Haynes model? And again, I'd love to see it. I just don't think this is where Heritage wishes to compete. I confess, I speak from ignorance. May have been cost, may have been lack of marketing (website etc.) But clearly...the Heritage/signature guitar angle didn't work for Alex.

IMHO, a signature guitar isn't an important item. If I'm so enamored with an artist and his gear/sound...i'll dig around and find out what I can about it, and if possible, get one. That is part of the issue with my Cherokee. there are 150 in existence, made by hand 18 years ago. I have one. Warren has one. That was a fun fact, not the reason for ownership in my case. Not part of an endorsement or signature deal, he just loved it and got one for himself.

Different story with something like the Johnny A that MG is selling, or the single cut Heritage Roy Clark, or Gerry Gessie. Those are unique instrument unto themselves, designed by or for an artist.

• I greatly appreciate that you own my signature Heritage (consider yourself lucky - they're incredibly difficult to acquire, which has certainly affected this decision).

I think Steiner's right: Heritage produce a lot of 'standard' guitars and a lot of customer-specified customs. Their output is small and high quality with various short-lived models, some of which are for very particular tastes ;)

I think the collectibles will be the outstanding examples within each set rather than just for having an artist name on the headstock.

+1 I think my modded H150s have the goods that are missing on the SIG models. If someone ordered a new H150 with the mods I did (better, yes I said better, bridge and hardware, especially if you could order an ABR that the posts screwed directly into the top and aluminum lightweight tailpiece like a pigtail/callaham/RS, Jensen PIO caps, RS Pots, Throbak SLE101 pickups), it would be as good or better than any Sig model! It would be especially good if you could get this goodness with a 9lb or under total weight!

+1 I think my modded H150s have the goods that are missing on the SIG models. If someone ordered a new H150 with the mods I did (better, yes I said better, bridge and hardware, especially if you could order an ABR that the posts screwed directly into the top and aluminum lightweight tailpiece like a pigtail/callaham/RS, Jensen PIO caps, RS Pots, Throbak SLE101 pickups), it would be as good or better than any Sig model! It would be especially good if you could get this goodness with a 9lb or under total weight!

Rockabilly, my 2009 Prospect came from the factory with Faber ABR posts screwed directly into the top and the full RS Kit. The 2012 H575 came with Throbak SLE101 and full RS kit. There is no "if' only "do" & "did"

Well your guitars sound like the real deal to me!!! And for sure they will be holding their value! I know that's the kind of guitars I would buy if I was looking!

Rockabilly, my 2009 Prospect came from the factory with Faber ABR posts screwed directly into the top and the full RS Kit. The 2012 H575 came with Throbak SLE101 and full RS kit. There is no "if' only "do" & "did"

Guest HRB853370

Wonder how you can tell they are Faber?

Probably because he sent them the parts to install! Which is what I would have done, if I knew

the Heritage guys would do that. Oh well, live and learn:)

Correct Rockabill. On the H147 I dropped shipped tuners, studs, wraptail & pups. The label should read H147 Custom Throbak P90 and Duncan Staple.. me thinks. They are going to mount the hardware anyway why not?

Guest HRB853370

Probably because he sent them the parts to install! Which is what I would have done, if I knew

the Heritage guys would do that. Oh well, live and learn:)

No, he said the guitar came that way from the factory...which means he did not order them...is my interpretation

Archived