Heritage Owners Club

NAD

What is that crazy tele like guitar?

Harnden Switchblade, customized to the way I wanted (my nameplate, neck shape, stainless steel frets, etc). He handwinds his own pickups that are bright like single coils but really punch the preamp (they are humbuckers). This is one big chunk of MAHOGANY tone:)

AlmostTimeToPlay.jpg

Headstock.jpg

http://www.hardenengineering.com/guitars.html

I really dig the different tolex covering. I'll bet these are lighter than the MDF cabinet AC15, too! Congratulations on the new amp, Daniel, it sounds like a worthy addition to your professional stable! Gorgeous ES-330, too.

My oh my! What a collection of beauties! Couldn't imagine the cost, must be twice that of a new Heritage.

Actually I paid more for my new Heritage than I did my Harnden, and that's not adding the mods I did to my Heritage.

Bill Harnden gave me a little break on the guitar because he knows I'm a working musician, plus I didn't have to mod

it at all, and that saved me plenty. On the other hand I paid about $2300 for my H150 then had to spend another $500

to get it where I wanted it. In retrospect, and as Kuz has enlightened me, I could have just sent the parts directly to

Heritage and that would have saved me some dough!

Bill Harnden is a very cool dude that knows how to make a rocking guitar!

I really dig the different tolex covering. I'll bet these are lighter than the MDF cabinet AC15, too! Congratulations on the new amp, Daniel, it sounds like a worthy addition to your professional stable! Gorgeous ES-330, too.

There is only .5 lb difference, but the Handwired version is a bigger cab, so yes, the wood makes a difference

AC15C1 - (W x D x H): 23.70 x 10.43 x 17.95 inches; Weight: 22 kg / 48.50 lbs.

AC15HW1 - (W x D x H): 24 x 10.43 x 21.89 inches. Weight: 49 lbs

Huge price difference, nearly 3x more, but I tried a used one and the tone is fantastic! Must have amp in my opinion.

Nice amp! Is that an original ES330?

I would say any amp that's hand wired, (terminal strips) or turret board construction, is going to sound better than its pcb counterpart. Trace wire on a pc board is very thin and usually the resistors and capacitors are smaller. Wire passes signal in much of the circuit, so the thinner wire and shorter lengths will have an affect "tonally". Like a thinner hose will only allow so much water to pass through it; the wire is the hose and the signal is the water. Electronic "geeks" will argue wire is wire and a 470 ohm resistor is still 470 ohms at 1/4 watt or 1/2 watt. It may all look right on paper but let your ears be the judge.

Well, I guess then getting a hand wired version of this amp would be the only good reason to part with one of these. This one certainly does sound good but I'll just keep mine because I'm not prepared to pay three times as much for one of these amps. I bought this one new and it wasn't cheap.

voxac151c.jpg

Well, I guess then getting a hand wired version of this amp would be the only good reason to part with one of these. This one certainly does sound good but I'll just keep mine because I'm not prepared to pay three times as much for one of these amps. I bought this one new and it wasn't cheap.

voxac151c.jpg

They are two times the cost, not three times. GC sells them for $1199 for the Greenback version that I have. Your amp is very good sounding amp!

Like I said prior, I really liked mine. My big issue is that I'm a pro musician that uses his stuff HARD, and I really like the servicability of a handwired

amp, and yes, it does sound better. Double the price better, well that's up to the individual:)

I prefer one speaker amps. I have two of the best (in my opinion) Fender amps made; 1967 Deluxe Reverb (1x12) and a 1967 Vibrolux Reverb (2x10). Mike (Slider13) and I have talked about one vs two speakers and I agree with Mike, one speaker is the way to go. Everything is concentrated into one speaker. The two speaker amps give you better spread of sound, but the single speaker has better tone.

I agree.. For me personally I like a bit more focused sound.. And the ol back can't handle a 50+ pound amp any more.. Thus my new Princeton 12 watter with one 10 inch Celestion.. YMMV

The extra weight is just because it is hand wired?

Nope it's a bigger cabinet, and these AC15's (even the circuitboard models), are famous for being heavy amps.

The difference between the circuit board model and the handwired is very small even with the bigger cab on the

handwired version. One the other hand, the new Fender '68 Princeton Reverb reissues are 15lbs lighter than

the AC15s and would be much easier to tote around. I wish they made one of those in a handwired version:)

On the other hand, the new Fender '68 Princeton Reverb reissues are 15lbs lighter than

the AC15s and would be much easier to tote around. I wish they made one of those in a handwired version:)

There are people on this very forum who could get you there! :)

Archived