Heritage Owners Club

Guess whose band recently won the Detroit Battle of the Bands using a Heritage Guitar?

RhoadsScholar

Our Band Nails of Grace won the Detroit Battle of the bands sponsored by Reverb Nation. On to the finals. Got some great video featuring my Heritage Millennium (still learning how to spell it). Thanks Mark for a great instrument. Will have some more pics/videos of the event. I would like to hear what my HOC brothers and sisters think about our band. I really like this project a lot (Original Christian Rock)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMx0ernEUU

Way to go Bob. You are really rockin it.

Singer wasn't coming through to clear but you are sounding good!

Where to you head from here?

Congrats Rob - sounds great!

Is that a Fender Mustang your playing over? (what settings?)

Your guitar colleague is playing a Marshall that, To my ears, also sounds good - what model is that?

Cheers and enjoy your band! It really is so much fun!

Congrats Rob - sounds great!

Is that a Fender Mustang your playing over? (what settings?)

Your guitar colleague is playing a Marshall that, To my ears, also sounds good - what model is that?

Cheers and enjoy your band! It really is so much fun!

Yep, Fender Mustang III. Total Fan of these amps. I have some vintage fender tube stuff but the effects engine of the Mustang is the best (in my humble opinion). I am using a Crate PowerBlock (150 watts) through a Crate 4-12. I go from the headphone out to the line in on the Powerblock (in this fashion the powerblock is strictly a poweramp). All of the mustang controls are used for the amp settings. I am using mostly the 80's Guitar Hero preset moving the midrange setting up to about 8 (really makes the 4-12 cabinet bark with this preset).... As soon as I learn to tame the 60 watt concert Steiner built the wood cabinet for, I will start using that and probably get a mustang floorboard pedal. The Mustang III (Version 2) effects are awesome. It was a great upgrade but they didn't upgrade the electronics in the mustang floor pedal (that is why I use the Mustang III v2) on an amp stand

Guest HRB853370

Let me guess:

Mitch Ryder? Nope. Alice Cooper? Nope. Amboy Dukes? Nope. The Stooges? Nope. Silver Bullet Band? Nope. MC5? Nope. White Stripes? Nope. Frigid Pink? Nope. The Frost? Nope. SRC? Nope. Cactus? Nope. Rare Earth? Nope. Grand Funk Railroad? Nope. Nails of Grace? Hell Yeah!

Congratulations!

Yep, Fender Mustang III. Total Fan of these amps. I have some vintage fender tube stuff but the effects engine of the Mustang is the best (in my humble opinion). I am using a Crate PowerBlock (150 watts) through a Crate 4-12. I go from the headphone out to the line in on the Powerblock (in this fashion the powerblock is strictly a poweramp). All of the mustang controls are used for the amp settings. I am using mostly the 80's Guitar Hero preset moving the midrange setting up to about 8 (really makes the 4-12 cabinet bark with this preset).... As soon as I learn to tame the 60 watt concert Steiner built the wood cabinet for, I will start using that and probably get a mustang floorboard pedal. The Mustang III (Version 2) effects are awesome. It was a great upgrade but they didn't upgrade the electronics in the mustang floor pedal (that is why I use the Mustang III v2) on an amp stand

Oh, cool - nice setup!

I play with a cover band and had a Mustang iv for quite a while and like it a lot. It also was plenty loud and could easily hang with a loud drummer. The effects are good too. I had a preset for every song and found it cool to be able to go from Twin cleans to Marshall distortion. Then the software c*****d out on me the night before a gig - I reprogrammed it in a hurry but the gig went pretty bad ... The sound guy came up to me and told me that my playing was fine but I should get myself a real amp :-( (I think it was more a poor job on the reprogramming). later I treated myself to a twin reverb reissue and a rather obscene collection of pedals. It took more than a year to learn how to use them properly (probably still not quite there) and now I am happier with my sound than ever. But I don't think that the mustang was much worse when properly programmed - and with your 4x12 it surely sounds glorious. The floor is even better IMHO (also have one that I use at home) ... Never heard a v2 Mustang though.

So what was the marshall of your colleague?

Congrats again!

Archived