Heritage Owners Club

It's only been two weeks..

big bob

Buy a cheapie on the local CL maybe?

After a few weeks, I predict you will have lots of new ideas pop into your head when you play again. Happens to me..

Buy a cheapie on the local CL maybe?

After a few weeks, I predict you will have lots of new ideas pop into your head when you play again. Happens to me..

Yeah, buy an Italy guitar to bring home as a souvenir.

The best sounding guitar I've found so far, that I was allowed to play, was a Suzuki. One shop here in Florence had several new Gibson LP's, at 3500 euro, that's 4,600.00 bucks, but since I was not "buying" I could not try them out.

One shop here in Florence had several new Gibson LP's, at 3500 euro, that's 4,600.00 bucks, but since I was not "buying" I could not try them out.

sounds about right.

Welcome to Italy. :-)

Man, enjoy the scenery, the art, the food, the wine and the good looking people. You'll have plenty of time to think about guitars when you come back.

Florence...Firenze...what a city

great food, great art!!

I spent a memorable week or so there a long time ago...pretty much broke & getting around europe as we could. :D

we juggled on the street & busked with an old guitar to raise funds. actually it was a Seagull acoustic we dragged all across europe

hope you have a great trip!!! drink some wine for me

Lance, don't worry about Bill snuggling up, playing, and rubbing gently your Sweet 16..... ah, second thought you better clean it off well when you get it back!!!

Lance, don't worry about Bill snuggling up, playing, and rubbing gently your Sweet 16..... ah, second thought you better clean it off well when you get it back!!!

What.....

Why would you do that?

Bill is so dreamy! And the hobbit feet..... Oh la la...

If you're touring Tuscany and happen to be in Pisa or Lucca:

There are two guitar shops next to each other in Pisa, right on the Arno (Lungarno Mediceo). Here's a link to one of them: http://www.musicapardini.it/

There's another in Lucca. It's away from the historic center but within the historic walls: http://www.lennysguitar.com/

Both places had friendly folks when I was there.

If you're touring Tuscany and happen to be in Pisa or Lucca:

There are two guitar shops next to each other in Pisa, right on the Arno (Lungarno Mediceo). Here's a link to one of them: http://www.musicapardini.it/

There's another in Lucca. It's away from the historic center but within the historic walls: http://www.lennysguitar.com/

Both places had friendly folks when I was there.

I am all over, but unfortunately won't be in either Pisa, or Luca. My next stop is Venice, then back to florence, Paris France, Milan then home.

I made a guy cry today in Florence, not sure how? I heard playing in a cloister around the corner from Brunelleschi's Dome. I sat and listened a short time. The guy was ok, not great, not horrible. He abruptly stopped, tears in his eyes, packed up and left? I tried to apologize but he was having nothing to do with me...

Go figure!

were you already in Rome?

Did you try Gigetto al Portico d'Ottavia?

Yes, Rome for 2 days..

No, unfortunately not, we were on a tight leash by the university and could not stray from the students and the plan. Rome went by way to fast. We were housed N.W. Of the wall by the train station "terminale" a real arm pit of a local. I spent most of my time keeping the students "safe" read as baby sitting.

Thanks geo.. Will I see you at psp... ?

Unfortunately this year I am out. I am going to Italy for 2.5 weeks right before PSP and I really cannot take time off as soon as I am back.

I am thinking, depending on family stuff, to leave Friday after work and join at least for Friday night. Most likely I won't be able to make it though.

Archived