Heritage Owners Club

Observation of Neck Heels

DetroitBlues

This was mentioned at PSP during a conversation looking at my newly acquired 150. Anyone notice the neck heel on thicker neck Heritages to be larger than thinner necks? I'm specifically referring to the amount of the heel that is shown connected to the body. Mine is rather long...

_DSC8770_zps25944ea5.jpg

Compared to Marty's H157 he posted today:

P1010016_zps7236b850.jpg

I've heard this mentioned before (Bolero?) and I'm inclined to agree that there is a correlation.

There is a Prospect for sale right now and the heel is telling me it's my size but the seller asserts that it is thin according to his assessment. (Of course I am stubborn and I really want it to not be thin so I continue to obsess over it.)

Looks like compound radius shape...thicker on the bass side than the treble side. Nicely done.

That was the best feeling 150 I ever played, at the time anyway. It had a huge neck that was oddly enough, flamed mahogany! KBP bought it, sold it to Jack, who sold it to another member, that refinished it in Cherry burst, then sold it again to someone overseas...

That's one of the reasons I don't like bolt-on neck guitars--the neck heels are too big for my small hands.

I wonder if it's possible to specify what size of neck heel you want.

Archived