Heritage Owners Club

The oldest new Heritage on record

Steiner

• 3 weeks later...

...errm... the guitar looks very much like a H162 except for the hard tail.

Are you sure this is a Stat? Didn't the Stat have a mahogany body with a maple top? The 162 is all mahogany body with an all maple neck.

Anyway, your guitar looks like a one off experiment and combines elements of the aforementioned 162 and some other obscure model (I forgot the number, but can look it up at home)

This all doesn't matter at all as long as the instrument plays well for you!

...errm... the guitar looks very much like a H162 except for the hard tail.

Are you sure this is a Stat? Didn't the Stat have a mahogany body with a maple top? The 162 is all mahogany body with an all maple neck.

Anyway, your guitar looks like a one off experiment and combines elements of the aforementioned 162 and some other obscure model (I forgot the number, but can look it up at home)

This all doesn't matter at all as long as the instrument plays well for you!

Since its the first one, prototype if you will, its a STAT.

I meant this guitar, the H127 - combined with the H162 (more or less). I don't have a Stat, but maybe someone can upload a pic.

h162.jpg

stat.jpg

I don't know what makes it a deluxe. Other than being cherry, the hard tail, a 5 position switch and no VIP, it's pretty much the stat above.

I'm really enjoying this guitar. It's real comfortable to play, stays in tune and is far more resonate than any of my other solid body guitars. The "D" serial number makes it my 6th eldest guitar, 2nd oldest Heritage. Yet, it's my latest new acquisition - things that make you go hmmm...

Hi there, Bird - still flying as high as before I reckon!

Yes I'm doing pretty fine - just don't spend so much time here on the forum. Partly because I'm not looking for or buying more guitars than the nine I already have (money goes to the studying kids nowadays...)and partly because I try to be busy playing instead of discussing guitars which isn't always easy combined with my regular teaching job. Every now and then I take a look here with a special interest in the old models (everybody knows about the 150s and the 535s...) Hope all is well with you and your family. Still taking these magnificent pics, I gather?

The deluxe should have a carved top

Is the Stat not carved? Mine is; I just thought all Stats had that feature.

I also noticed the Deluxe headstock points down at the ground (akin to the one in Jacques' avatar) while the stat in the photo above has the row of machine heads almost parallel to the neck.

I was "red" with envy when I saw that guitar being held by Guy before the winning ticket was pulled. But I don't believe it could have gone to a more deserving and great guy, Mr. Steiner. That will be a family heirloom for many generations Greg!!

Archived