Heritage Owners Club

The oldest new Heritage on record

Steiner

Every year it's exciting to see that not only has Heritage Guitar Inc. endorsed our PSP, they invite us in to their shop, show us around and expose us to all things Heritage. Every year I feel like a kid at Disney World.

Some time ago I played Big Bob's 80's Stat Deluxe and quite enjoyed it. I found it very versatile. I've also craved a 3 pickup guitar for some years. Then I showed up at PSP and won a guitar…

She’s a Heritage Stat Deluxe from the late 80’s; officially dubbed The Red Rider. Ain't nobody ever gonna lick the red off this sucker. She sports solid mahogany back and neck with a delightfully curly maple top. A hardtail (preferred), 3 Duncan pickups in the HSS fashion, 6 in-a-row Grover tuners and 5-way switch. She has a serial from the end of '87 and was completed in '88. How’d she get her name? The first of many HOCers to congratulate my luck also added “You'll poke your eye out kid...”

After the PSP festivities, we went back and played 'till 3AM. Sometimes life is beautiful; this was one of those times. I've been spankin' her daily and really enjoying where she takes me.

All the times I passed the factory’s "old Guitar" racks and thought how wonderful it would be to own one of those. Every inquiry about getting one was met with a firm and definite No. Now I found that it is Stat Deluxe #1.

I heard grublings about a “used” guitar. This is how I see it:

30yr old whisky runs about a 600% markup over 12yr old. Guitars also improve with age.

Fender has an up-charge for relicing their new guitars. This is Heritage’s first crack at factory relicing.

To the best of my knowledge, FredZepp's Centurion is the only other "first one made" guitar out there.

So, I got that going for me, which is nice...

Ultimately I received a 28&1/2yr old, NOS, (honest) factory reliced, prototype. I Love it and I'm keeping it (sorry Dixie). I thank the fine people at Heritage and the good friends that labored so hard to make PSP VIII a stellar success!

Full-Front_zpssbdckbxv.jpg

Full-Back_zpsxwaqurn7.jpg

Body-Front_zpsyouug2jl.jpg

Body-Back_zpsndasldf1.jpg

Headstock-Sm_zps1l6faxqe.jpg

Serial-Sm_zpspzi36qou.jpg

Congrats ! ..

I really like Heritage strat-shape double cutaways... partially because they are not like a Fender. It's like getting a set neck Les Paul, just in a strat shape, they have their own personality.

They still have that identifiable Parsons Street feel and all the mojo.

They made a great choice throwing this one into the raffle.... once again they give us more than we could ever have the right to ask for.

I can't believe how excited I was for you when you walked past me on your way to go claim your prize. I know that you will enjoy that piece the way the boys on Parsons Street expect us to; Play it, and often! Congratulations, Gregg, great post.

NICE SNATCH!!! Could not have found a better home, I see it is nearly impossible to capture in pictures the smokin flametop this beauty has!...

Its not very often we get to honor the Steiner with our traditional and honorary NICE SNATCH blessing, Congrats and Nice Snatch Brother Steiner "Dawg".

Nice Snatch, Greg!

Seems to me there is something VERY Karmic which surrounds the PSP guitar donation. Good guys always win in that situation.

That thing looks comfy with the cutaway, and Pointy headstocks are coming back dude!

Congratulations to the only other guy in the club who can do a convincing Canajun accent.

I presume that truss rod cover's also 28 years old.

I was told she's over 18. 16 will get you 20...

NICE SNATCH!!! Could not have found a better home, I see it is nearly impossible to capture in pictures the smokin flametop this beauty has!...

Its not very often we get to honor the Steiner with our traditional and honorary NICE SNATCH blessing, Congrats and Nice Snatch Brother Steiner "Dawg".

I thought, for sure, you had Mille #1. Thanks for the tea bag offer, I'll stick to my Lipton... Thanks to all for the nice snatches!

Love the wood on that fretboard. Congrats on winning the guitar, Greg. And what a stunner that one is. Piece of history right there!

Thanks Tulk1. I don't prefer rosewood but this fretboard does have an alluring beauty. The guitar is very resonate, has a couch friendly shape and a belly cut - making it fun to noodle acoustically.

Congratulations! I really need to make the next PSP!

Yes, you do! This year's venue was especially conducive to a commingling good time.

Very cool.

...and, it can double for a hockey stick when that pond out back freezes.

I should get a Redwing's logo. We can play outdoors at the next Blades of Fire!

Thanks gents for the well wishes!

Thanks DetroitBlues for overseeing the spectacular get-together!

Thanks to Heritage for feeding our insatiable desire for custom, hand-crafted instruments!

Archived