Heritage Owners Club

NGD: A Black Beauty!

onurarslan

This is my first Heritage guitar and i'm super happy.

She's a 2008 H-157 and has Haussel hot P90s.

My problem with Les Paul guitars has always been about the clarity. Specially on the neck position.

And this really heavy, chunky neck'd Heritage's clarity is more than enough. I don't know if it's the pickups or the guitar but it has great clarity even with my Tsuchi Fuzz(Kind of a Fuzz Face). That pedal was useless with my old PRS SC245.

IMG_5709_zpsxt6tjx4c.jpg

IMG_5710_zps8of9sk9t.jpg

This is my first Heritage guitar and i'm super happy.

She's a 2008 H-157 and has Haussel hot P90s.

My problem with Les Paul guitars has always been about the clarity. Specially on the neck position.

And this really heavy, chunky neck'd Heritage's clarity is more than enough. I don't know if it's the pickups or the guitar but it has great clarity even with my Tsuchi Fuzz(Kind of a Fuzz Face). That pedal was useless with my old PRS SC245.

IMG_5709_zpsxt6tjx4c.jpg

IMG_5710_zps8of9sk9t.jpg

oh yeah.....that is the business right there!!!

Thanks guys, she really is great.

I'm playing her trough a TH-30 combo right now that is for sale. I'm thinking about getting a clean amp and this guitar will be my primary guitar.

I was thinking about a DRRI but people say they're "ice picky". I don't have much experience on P90s, do you think DRRI would be a good choice?

I wanna fat, really clear sound and i want spring reverb in the amp. I'll use dirt pedals, so i don't need it to break up really.

Would you recommend something else or is DRRI okay?

And i don't have a chance to try amps, i live in a rather small town in Turkey and we don't get "high end" stuff here. I'll buy it online from Germany, so i can't really return it either. :)

We don't really get boutique stuff here and buying international is such a pain in the ass.

Buying from Thomann, Germany is a good option for amps under 1500 euro and it looks like my best bet is Fenders.

I considered Bassman because it sounds thicker, beefier but no reverb and too loud for home use.

Do princeton re-issues break up easily? Compared to drri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't really get boutique stuff here and buying international is such a pain in the ass.

Buying from Thomann, Germany is a good option for amps under 1500 euro and it looks like my best bet is Fenders.

I considered Bassman because it sounds thicker, beefier but no reverb and too loud for home use.

Do princeton re-issues break up easily? Compared to drri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't let others discourage you from checking out one of the DRRI or Vintage Reissue DR amps. If Fenders are the best option in Europe, try to play as many versions as possible. You might like the Blues Deluxe (40 watts, reverb and OD channel) since it has a Bassman-style tone stack. I modded mine with an AlniCo speaker and it sounded great. Or you might go for one of the Hot Rod Deluxe models. Princetons are sweet, but do break up sooner than their more powerful big brothers.

Good hunting!

I wish i could try them all. There are dealers in Turkey that sell Fender amps and i can return them if i don't like but the prices are ridiculous.

I can get them from Germany for almost half price.

I think i'll take my chances with a DRRI when my strat is sold. If the bridge pickup sounds too thin, i'll just put duncan 59 or something.

Thanks for the input guys.

Congrats on the new instrument! A beauty for sure. You can do a lot to alter the voice of the DRRI by just clipping the "brite cap," finding some good glass, and, if necessary, switching speakers to suit your taste. Have fun!

Congrats on the new instrument! A beauty for sure. You can do a lot to alter the voice of the DRRI by just clipping the "brite cap," finding some good glass, and, if necessary, switching speakers to suit your taste. Have fun!

Which is just what the DRRI '68 Silver Face does. It sounds marvelous!!

BTW, beautiful guitar! Just something so classy about a Black single cut, gold hardware and P90-ish pups. Nice!!

Archived