Heritage Owners Club

When you know it's right!

Kuz

With the guitars in my collection there comes a time (could be 15mins or could be 15 weeks) when you know if the one is a keeper or special.

Tonight the 535 p-90 #1 production (could this guitar have longer name?) officially spoke to me as special.

For whatever reason, lately I have been playing almost exclusively solid bodies. I was really kickin' it with my GT 150s when the 150 GT with p-90s said she would like her cousin (535 p-90s #1 production) to come to the party.

Man, oh, Man. The 535 p-90s just let out the phat snarl and ratty tones. It was like I never heard that guitar before. She stood up and told the rest "I'm her to stay !"

I was playing the 535 p-90s #1 production (that long name again) through the T-rex Muller straight into the Kingston Chicago Blues Box. It's not like this combo has been played before, but tonight she "spoke" to me.

A few time a year I find this tone from the heavens that doesn't needed tweaked. No need to turn a know hear, or volume up there. The tone is just there. Then I will go back tomorrow, use the same settings, guitar, cables, amp & amp placement, and OD pedal, and.... the tone will be good but not niravana. I cherish those special tone days and why don't they last til tomorrow?!

width=319 height=480http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/jjkuz/Precious.jpg[/img]

3b.jpg

moller.jpg

I played the gold 535 tonight.  It's a machine!  I have only played it twice since I got the 150 from Mike.  What a flat wide neck.  No amp just playing acoustically. 

All was right!

Amen....I thought I was the only one that felt that way.  It happened to me when I bought the Prospect and 535 from Wolfe.  Graham and I literally tried every one of each in the shop and the two I purchased were just that much better than the others.....I still feel that way.  I am primarily playing jazz and both more than get the job done.  Now here's the thing....I have never been a fan of 335 style guitars (tone, shape, etc)....I am mainly a Strat player, but these 2 guitars have made me a true convert.  I even sold my 2008 H-550 Custom because I knew it just couldn't compare no matter what style music. 

I find myself not wanting to stop practicing or just picking one of them up to fiddle around.  Both of them sound incredible through my Polytone MB ll and I can't wait to run them through my '94 Vibrolux Reverb Custom.

It is funny how the tone, without making any adjustments to amp or guitar, can change from day to day.....here in FL I have attributed it to humidity and barometric pressure (sounds good, but I am actually clueless as to why).

Jim C

I pretty much try to buy only guitars that stand apart from the group.

They have to feel right and resonate with me.

My strat has delivered that feeling to me for the last 15yrs.

Every time a re fret needs doing I get scared and put it off in case doing the re fret strips away some of the mojo :rolleyes:

One thing Ive noticed is how every one reacts differently to the same guitar.

While I love my strat, it seems not so exceptional to others, and their favourite guitars that they assure me are special, seem dead, lifeless and awkward to me.

My H150 instantly spoke to me and said take me home. I never even stopped to take a good look at it.

I just strummed an open G chord unplugged and played a couple blues licks on it. I got a rush, stuck it back in the case and took it home.

I dont think I will ever get bored with it in its stock form.

I recently played an ESP strat that gave me the shivers. I am going to buy it.

I wasnt even looking for a guitar to buy. I was just trying out a bunch of guitars.

I have no doubt that that P90 loaded 535 would sound fat/growly/great when pushing those 6V6s.  Congrats, Kuz - what a great looking guitar, too.  Stunning.

But, ya know...  interpreting 'guitar-speak' is a tricky business.  "I'm here to stay" sounds a lot like "I wanna go to Minnesota and live with Randy"...

... just saying    8)

Your 535 is amazing!  Love the top and the P-90's.  This is exactly the way I feel about my 150 Old Style Burst! width=360 height=480http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll186/shook494/DSC00012.jpg[/img]

This guitar sounds and feels amazing every time I play it.  Just an amazing guitar.  I had my buddy visit from California the other day and he sat down with my 150.  He plays in a metal band and only plays metal.  He was amazed with my 150.  The sustain, action, neck profile, etc...  He actually told me he wants one now. 

That's a big deal to me because ever since we were kids he only wanted to play "metal" style guitars and thought LP's and Strat's were for old people. ;D Well,  now we're getting older and he is starting to see the light.  I still play a lot of heavy distortion stuff like Ozzy, Priest, Metallica, stuff like that.  I also play a lot of Blues stuff now.  My 150 easily covers them all for me.  I can switch from my Line 6 Flextone II to my Vintage 67' Fender Deluxe Reverb and get great tones from both.  Peace out ;D

thats the feeling i get with my H155 that I picked up this past summer.  Its like playing a LP without the weight, the tone incredible, sustain unbelievable, weight perfect, etc. etc.  I have already been giving thought as to which in my collection I might find expendable now, since I know my two main players- the Millie and the Strat Plus, are the choosen ones.

RedMillieniumH155-2.jpg

RedMillieniumH155-2.jpg_thumb

RedMillieniumH155-9.jpg

RedMillieniumH155-9.jpg_thumb

93 strat plus.jpg

93 strat plus.jpg_thumb

I kind of enjoy infidelity....  I've wandered away from the Heritages just a bit, lately.  Been playing the Tele with the band, jamming with the old Paul.  But I know, soon, I'll pick up one of the Heritages and, by contrast, it'll be that much sweeter when I get back to it.  I play the Super out only rarely, but when it goes out, man, it's something very special!          8)

me too...    wanna sign my petition for a Heritage Tele?   8) 8) 8)      Natural or cherry red finish, maple neck, Lollar Tele pickups...    :love4:

Boys, Boys, Boys,... Anyone can tighten 4 screws to a body. It takes real artisans to build set necks!  :P

(BTW, I like Teles too, but seems like everyone and their mother is making them  <under desk dodging arrows>)

Kuz~ Your 535 P90 'Long Name Special' is one of the most incredible semi's I've ever seen.  Each time you give us a taste of its tones as well as the obligatory photo (yeah, baby!), it makes my liver quiver. 

There are some guitars that simply beg to be test-driven.  That being said, I'd love to check out a 535 P90 'Long Name'...maybe I'll make it to next year's reunion and lay hands on yours.  8)

Meanwhile, I've NEVER been able to coax a bad tone out of my H555 HRW.  All settings, venues, songs and amps work with this git.  She just loves to sing while tucked securely under my arm.

heritageh555frontbw6.jpg

Kuz~ Your 535 P90 'Long Name Special' is one of the most incredible semi's I've ever seen.  Each time you give us a taste of its tones as well as the obligatory photo (yeah, baby!), it makes my liver quiver. 

There are some guitars that simply beg to be test-driven.  That being said, I'd love to check out a 535 P90 'Long Name'...maybe I'll make it to next year's reunion and lay hands on yours.  8)

Meanwhile, I've NEVER been able to coax a bad tone out of my H555 HRW.  All settings, venues, songs and amps work with this git.  She just loves to sing while tucked securely under my arm.

heritageh555frontbw6.jpg

Great guitar and I'd love to meet you next year at "Brent's Intervention", ah, I mean "Heritage Pilgrimage" !

Anyone can tighten 4 screws to a body. It takes real artisans to build set necks!  :P

(BTW, I like Teles too, but seems like everyone and their mother is making them  <under desk dodging arrows>)

Granted - good point, John.  Teles wouldn't seem to require the craftsmanship that a good archtop/set neck takes.  I just like Teles - they're a great/proven design.  Sound... wonderful!!  Would love to have a Heritage "Tele" (H 101 - 'cause it's where ya start w/solid bodies, no disrespect to Mr Paul) added to my personal Heritage lineup.  Okay, maybe add vintage and sunset 'burst to the color selection...  NOW will you sign my petition?  6105 wire, use Ren's compound neck radius profile, forget that relic stuff, just get the neck nice and 'edge rounded' for that smooth worn in feel.  And get 'The Heritage' on the headstock!

Granted - good point, John.  Teles wouldn't seem to require the craftsmanship that a good archtop/set neck takes.  I just like Teles - they're a great/proven design.  Sound... wonderful!!  Would love to have a Heritage "Tele" (H 101 - 'cause it's where ya start w/solid bodies, no disrespect to Mr Paul) added to my personal Heritage lineup.  Okay, maybe add vintage and sunset 'burst to the color selection...  NOW will you sign my petition?  6105 wire, use Ren's compound neck radius profile, forget that relic stuff, just get the neck nice and 'edge rounded' for that smooth worn in feel.  And get 'The Heritage' on the headstock!

I'm in.

Would a set neck Tele kill the vibe?

Archived