Heritage Owners Club

Pay Pal can suck my left n*t!

brentrocks

Well, I knew it was a matter of time before this would happen.

I bought a 2014 H150 from a f**ktard in Seattle. Got it home, put some new strings on it....it played and sounded great.

As I do with most guitars, I did a trade deal with Polo. Matt informed me in a couple days that he was afraid that it might have a twist in the neck. I was really surprised, since the guitar played so good, but sure enough, there was relief on the bass side and no relief on the treble side....it was very slight, but never the less, still there.

So I do trades-backsies with Matt....get it back home and contact the seller to inform him that the guitar has a slight twist in the neck and I would like to return it for a full refund. He basically told me to go get bent!!!

I started a dispute with Pay Pal, provided an estimate for having the neck replaced, and after 2 long weeks, I received an email from them saying that they sided with the seller!!!

So I immediately called my credit card company.....starting another dispute....who knows what will happen now?????

Its a shame, because its a beautiful guitar and really plays and sounds great.

Stay tuned!!!!

12783631_10206241862181572_7869418290149 12778983_10206241862221573_2478626434516 12828261_10206241861701560_1521683941299 12764565_10206241861501555_2152530325502

That's a tough one. I'm surprised PayPal took his side, for me it's always been the other way around.

That's always been the way it went for me. Sorry to hear you got hosed Brent, that truly sucks.

That's always been the way it went for me. Sorry to hear you got hosed Brent, that truly sucks.

Thanks Dave! Its a great playing guitar...despite the neck. Depending on what the credit card company decides to do, you 'all might see this one for sale at a discounted rate in the next 3 months or so.

I know that Jack French does A LOT of heat treatments on necks like these....I wonder if Heritage is not letting their mahogany cure long enough?

Thanks Dave! Its a great playing guitar...despite the neck. Depending on what the credit card company decides to do, you 'all might see this one for sale at a discounted rate in the next 3 months or so.

I know that Jack French does A LOT of heat treatments on necks like these....I wonder if Heritage is not letting their mahogany cure long enough?

Thanks again for being a stand up guy with this one and taking her back!

I'm in the same boat. Thanks for the CC tip. I'll try that too.

Brent, how much time passed between when you received it and then asked for a refund?

Just curious.

2 weeks. Because it came from a very humid costal climate, I gave it some time to adjust. But it didn't.

I tried to capture the neck position with a camera but you really can't see it unless you sight it by eye. It's not the worst I have seen. But for a 2014, it's a little disturbing.

You say it plays great. Are you sure it's twisted and not a setup issue?

I may be out of my depth here, but wood does move with temperature and humidity changes. Even necks considered straight won't be perfectly straight .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be out of my depth here, but wood does move with temperature and humidity changes. Even necks considered straight won't be perfectly straight .

I'd agree that the guitar does indeed look and sound great......I'd also agree that it's capable of being set-up to play relatively well without any fretting issues, however, the action at this point is just simply going to be too high for most players, IMHO.

The fact of the matter is that the neck on this guitar is without a doubt twisted. It's twisted enough to make any (non-slide) professional set-ups impossible. This was confirmed by one of the Detroit area's most respected luthiers at Ann Arbor guitar (same folks who set-up ALL of Green Oaks Heritage guitars coming out of the factory).

I truly feel badly for Brent on this one knowing that the fella who sold it to him MUST have known about the neck issues considering that someone along the line installed a heavily compensated bone nut that is nearly double the height of what it is on the bass side than the treble strings.

Thanks again Brent for being such a straight shooter on this one! I really hope that Jack can get this one straightened out for you on the ol' heat block.

2 weeks. Because it came from a very humid costal climate, I gave it some time to adjust. But it didn't.

I think 2 weeks is too long man. This does not mean that the guy was right in refusing the return. It gave him a credible excuse, though. Sorry for ya man

That is a drag...have you shown it to Heritage?

no....i'm gonna wait until the CC co makes a decision. if I end up getting stuck with it, maybe I will. it actually plays really well.

there is relief on the bass side and a slight back bow on the treble side. its not terrible. the compensated bone nut helps a lot. I have played other H150s that I felt were much worse than this one.

I'm on the other side of a similar situation. Long drawn out dispute with Reverb.com and then subsequently Paypal, both of whom ignored their terms and conditions and policies, and left me with a returned damaged guitar, $200 out in fees and shipping, and about $500 out on sale value of the guitar. All because the buyer (who was the insured party in the shipping) didn't feel like filing a claim, and honestly it looks a lot more likely that the guy dropped it when he took it out of the case than shipping damage, but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt during the transaction.

I'll be posting an after action review pretty soon I'm still waiting on something with Paypal before I go public with it all.

The worst part of Paypal is that you can't find an adult to talk to over there, and they like to play Calvinball. Every time you contact them you are talking to someone else with no history of the dispute.

there is relief on the bass side and a slight back bow on the treble side. its not terrible. the compensated bone nut helps a lot. I have played other H150s that I felt were much worse than this one.

Sorry. That sucks.

I know there are gunsmiths that steam bend gun stocks to fit shotguns to the particular preferences of shooters. Does anyone offer that type of service for guitar necks?

Apart from that, what can be done to fix such a problem?

Archived