Heritage Owners Club

Pawn Shop Finds: N$18AD

I picked this up at the pawn shop Saturday for $18. There's nothing wrong with it. They just had it in stock for a long time and wanted to get rid of it. It came with a stock British Celestion. This amp is loud as hell. It sounds good for a solid state amp too.

20160620_102905_zpswwpunxms.jpg

Great buy!

These SS amps are handy for quick plug and play when inspiration occurs. They can even be used for a jam in a pinch.

I keep telling myself I don't need my Frontman 25, but it's used most often for practice and working things out. Sometimes it really is more about the mechanics of learning than chasing tones. I don't even consider clean SS tone "bad" at all.

Astounding deal. I played one of these once - seemed to me like a great rock and roll amp, wish they'd have made them back in '73. You gonna rock it or flip it?

I'll probably keep it for a while. I just ordered the footswitch. It costs twice as much as the amp.

Great deal! And if it ever happens to fizzle out, you'd have a great foundation to re-purpose the cab and chassis for a deluxe reverb build (or similar). Heck, if I'd seen that amp I would have snagged it myself for that reason alone.

Amps like this are often used to build "Sleeper" amps, Toad Suck Tones is an American boutique amp builder who makes a specialty out of gutting amps like this and solid state Marshalls in particular, leaves the logo intact and installs a killer boutique circuit of choice inside with military quality wiring and parts. You can get one of his amps new for little more than the store bought tone of a new Chinese Fender...and it will last much longer while killing it sonically.

Archived