Heritage Owners Club

A grass roots Heritage Guitar campaign.

FranzMohamitz

I dont know who's going to lead it or whos going to listen to it though.

At 53 I cant really take a lot of music seriously, even the songs I grew up with make me laugh a bit. Some of the lyrics really are kids stuff. Im just not concerned about a twenty somethings perspective on life.

Hell, even my own songs that I wrote in my 20's I have a hard time relating to at 53. I want to write a reply to them and tell the young guy there was no need to take things so seriously and that none of it actually mattered. Love isnt what you think it is and neither is justice. Compound interest and inflation is what matters. It really matters.

No one in the history of mankind has written a song about compound interest yet theyll write about cars and girls, broken hearts, what theyre gonna do all night long, hurt teenage feelings and how the man in the suit is keeping them down. Dim wits. Need songs about tax and inflation and how it will do you and your decendants wrong if you dont get it right or learn how to play the system to keep ahead of it.

Theres no songs about exponential growth or compounding interest!!

This is the rebellion Im hoping for. Some leather clad spike haired punk waving his fist and shouting about how inflation killed his inheritance and the pitfalls of not understanding how to manage it.

I dont think if the next wave of rock came through I would recognize it as the next wave or even like it and I hope Im right

What would be worse than that would be if it was a brand of rock that was just the same as its always been.

Jeff, you are incredibly warped and twisted; and I LIKE it!

I think you are 100% dead-nuts right on the money on this one. (American slang to say I totally agree with you....)

The guitar may never again be front and center in the style that it was in the heyday. But there are still LOTS of people playing the guitar and doing some really really interesting things with it. Is it blues rock and classic rock? No, but that's ok with me :)

*I LOVE blues rock and classic rock. But I also like new and fresh music. Not trying to disrespect anyone's tastes here.

The guitar may never again be front and center in the style that it was in the heyday. But there are still LOTS of people playing the guitar and doing some really really interesting things with it. Is it blues rock and classic rock? No, but that's ok with me :)

*I LOVE blues rock and classic rock. But I also like new and fresh music. Not trying to disrespect anyone's tastes here.

Judging by the number of people I see come and go through the music school, I don't think the guitar has to worry much about not being center stage. A lot of people are still very interested in it.

Jeff, you are incredibly warped and twisted; and I LIKE it!

I think you are 100% dead-nuts right on the money on this one. (American slang to say I totally agree with you....)

y'know, I wrote that after a couple chilled merlot's. (Its hot here, no need to be classy) and I thought to myself "heres a challenge! Write kick ass rock songs about tax minimization or the rush and excitement of compounding interest"

Its too hot to do anything about it now but june-july can get wet and cold and suitable for writing.

Speaking of Jack White, he is going local. http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/03/musician_jack_white_buys_house.html

I say we invite him to the next PSP.

well that is cool...I can guarantee you he will at least pay a visit to Heritage to check things out

I am not a *huge* fan of Jack's music, but I have tremendous respect for him & his creative process!!

There are a bunch of us who regularly sing the praises on TGP. I even have two Heritages and a Labrador retriever in my avatar.

And we have fought the "ugly headstock" good fight more than once.

5d74ebcb-ca4f-494c-b323-93a053dd7bfc_zps

I unsuccessfully tried to edit that last post as that picture, one of the few decent ones I have managed with my limited skills, was a resized, avatar friendly version. Here is a better one. Holly (RIP) and those two beautiful Heritages deserve it.

033.jpg

It took me a long time to really appreciate Jack White but I've come to consider him one of the most versatile and talanted musicians in popular music.

Never really cared too much for his work with the White Stripes but everything thing he's been involved with since has been for the most part VERY good!

https://youtu.be/TgAeMDjxraA

https://youtu.be/cYF0LtfUvJs

https://youtu.be/mU_-nlYn1RI

I dont know who's going to lead it or whos going to listen to it though.

At 53 I cant really take a lot of music seriously, even the songs I grew up with make me laugh a bit. Some of the lyrics really are kids stuff. Im just not concerned about a twenty somethings perspective on life.

Hell, even my own songs that I wrote in my 20's I have a hard time relating to at 53. I want to write a reply to them and tell the young guy there was no need to take things so seriously and that none of it actually mattered. Love isnt what you think it is and neither is justice. Compound interest and inflation is what matters. It really matters.

No one in the history of mankind has written a song about compound interest yet theyll write about cars and girls, broken hearts, what theyre gonna do all night long, hurt teenage feelings and how the man in the suit is keeping them down. Dim wits. Need songs about tax and inflation and how it will do you and your decendants wrong if you dont get it right or learn how to play the system to keep ahead of it.

Theres no songs about exponential growth or compounding interest!!

This is the rebellion Im hoping for. Some leather clad spike haired punk waving his fist and shouting about how inflation killed his inheritance and the pitfalls of not understanding how to manage it.

I dont think if the next wave of rock came through I would recognize it as the next wave or even like it and I hope Im right

What would be worse than that would be if it was a brand of rock that was just the same as its always been.

Compound interest and taxes eh? I see what keeps you up at night now Jeff. There are plenty of songs out there about people going broke, people losing everything they have, be it from divorce, unemployment, whatever. Nobody, and I mean nobody thinks about compound interest unless you are connected to Wall Street or spend your days watching your investment portfolio. You listen to the young rappers and many of them sing about drugs, sex and killing cops. This generation growing up is a lost generation, kids that don't care to work, they sponge off of their parents money (and the parents are stupid enough to enable it), the most important thing to them is the latest video games or phone app. Give em a guitar and let them lock themselves up practicing (like Marcus King did for 10 years).

Speaking of Jack White, he is going local. http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/03/musician_jack_white_buys_house.html

I say we invite him to the next PSP.

I would rather have Jack Black

@ the OP...

Dear Frank.

The best way to do the grass roots is not through asking others...rather ask yourself to show up at an open mic thang, unpaid for your time. with a beautiful Heritage guitar, played through a beautiful sounding amp, emanating beautiful tones, do not be afraid of being the oldest, ugliest looking player, be afraid to perform less than that instrument deserves to be heard...win others over by providing the service of love through your fingers through that Heritage instrument. All the blessings desired will follow, serve others with personal grace and tone...often... and with gladness.

Dassall...........................................................................................................

@ the OP...

Dear Frank.

The best way to do the grass roots is not through asking others...rather ask yourself to show up at an open mic thang, unpaid for your time. with a beautiful Heritage guitar, played through a beautiful sounding amp, emanating beautiful tones, do not be afraid of being the oldest, ugliest looking player, be afraid to perform less than that instrument deserves to be heard...win others over by providing the service of love through your fingers through that Heritage instrument. All the blessings desired will follow, serve others with personal grace and tone...often... and with gladness.

Dassall...........................................................................................................

Yes...I love the passion!!

images_zpsmh0iqrcb.jpg

@ the OP...

Dear Frank.

good point!

Archived