Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Calendar... Bump...

cosmikdebriis

Okay this is certainly NOT my idea and I take no credit. It was briefly mentioned a while back and when I searched I found it sitting lost in a thread about "grass" or something.

Anyway. It struck me as an interesting idea and a shame to let it go so I have taken the liberty of re introducing the subject with its own heading. Hope that's okay with everyone who has already contributed.

So... If you're interested...

Web based or printed?

We're going to need some pics....

Maybe a poll to select the best....

What should the subject matter include... Guitars :rolleyes: The factory, Pretty girls holding guitars. (Not so pretty) HOC members holding guitars :wink:...

IMHO... I'd say, lets get the pics flowing in then worry about the detail later. If it's free then it will be fun. if we decide to start spending money then things will get serious. So see how it goes and develop the idea later. I think that, as a commercial venture, we would be asking for trouble. But that's just my opinion...

Pretty girls holding guitars.

I have an idea. Everyone who would like their guitar photographed, send them to me, and I'll take them down the street to the local Hooters for a photo shoot. I'll return the guitars quickly...I promise... :P

I think this is a fantastic idea.   It would be nice to have a reference (calendar) that displayed the different models, finishes and options.  Pictures done professionally with text that describes the model, options and features would come in handy when we either need some or are scratching our GAS bubbles.  I think it's worth sending profit to those with the talent to amass the photo collection.

Thundersteel, the ax is in the mail!  Please return it when you get a chance.

A design along the same thread, ("folksy, down home") as the Jack Daniel's calendar would be cool.  Like Steiner said, a few reference pages on the models and their specs would really push it over the top.

Theyre guitars, show them being played, with cool amps and drums as a back drop.

ie, jazz box with fender twin or something trad. Maybe upright bass just to one side and piano/drum kit to the other.

150 with marshall stack or jtm bluesbreaker combo.

Dont know where youre going to get all the amps etc. Id love to help out but the freight would be a beearch. :)

I have an idea. Everyone who would like their guitar photographed, send them to me, and I'll take them down the street to the local Hooters for a photo shoot. I'll return the guitars quickly...I promise... :P

I've an even better idea... Send the Guitars AND the Girls to me... I'll whip my "instamatic" out and do my best... ;D

We probably should have started a calendar back in say, oh ... last year.  ;D If we want it to be for '09, anyway.

But here's my thought. We should probably have a "council" in charge of the project. It can be by vote for members, or it can be by appointment, volunteer, whatever. We submit our pics to the council. They decide what guitars get used, which ones don't. If it's single pics per month, there can be only 12 guitars. We could, of course, allow multiple guitars, which should accomodate more members. But my point is, it can't be by committee of ALL. It must be by committee of a few - with concensus by the rest that we live with what we get. Just some thoughts of mine.

A design along the same thread, ("folksy, down home") as the Jack Daniel's calendar would be cool.

Bird, could you post a shot or three from that calendar, so those of us who haven't seen it can have an idea of what you have in mind?  I think Kenny's suggestion bears some consideration, as well, regarding a sort of small filter group to make decisions.  And I dig tully's idea of trying for cool, appropriate contexts in which to set guitars to make the shots more interesting than just a full-frame naked guitar might be.  Something like...oh...I don't know...maybe...grass in need of mowing....    >:D     

i vote for topless babes + Heritage Axes ;D :-*

Ahhh... A man after my own heart.... >:D

I'm not entirely sure about the placing of the calendar though :undecided:... It's covering the guitar slightly :angel:.... Waddaya fink... ;D

width=322 height=480http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj254/cosmikdebriis/siliconefire.jpg[/img]

We probably should have started a calendar back in say, oh ... last year.  ;D If we want it to be for '09, anyway.

But here's my thought. We should probably have a "council" in charge of the project. It can be by vote for members, or it can be by appointment, volunteer, whatever. We submit our pics to the council. They decide what guitars get used, which ones don't. If it's single pics per month, there can be only 12 guitars. We could, of course, allow multiple guitars, which should accomodate more members. But my point is, it can't be by committee of ALL. It must be by committee of a few - with concensus by the rest that we live with what we get. Just some thoughts of mine.

I'd considered it as a project for 2010... (Hopefully that will give us time) :wink:

I'd agree... There needs to be someone overseeing the project. Do you (Tulk) fancy it? Perhaps you could "invite" some helpers.

Regards the pictures. I had in mind a general free for all with the posting, perhaps create a folder in the Photobucket account (to save space here) and put all the pictures in there (with thumbnails on this forum so that everyone gets a "preview")

Then... After a suitable period of time (and depending on how many we get)... Start a "poll" and get people to vote on their favourites.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to write a "How to"  on posting images saving them to Photobucket and posting thumbnails on here.

Also, I'd like to think that everyone gets a fair chance to contribute and although some members my be less adept at photo editing. Others (and I include myself) would help edit photos for them.

One last thing... IMHO... We could probably quite easily make more than one calendar. Perhaps a "Models" (of guitars) :rolleyes: calendar. And an "arty" calendar with... erm... "arty" pics but less conscious of the actual guitar.

Just a few thoughts...

Nice... but not what you might call a "Heritage" calendar pic... :police: ;D

Okay... I've created a folder in the Photobucket site called "000 Calendar Pics" (The 000 at the front is to make sure the folder stays at the top and is easier to find).

So... if anyone wants to add their pics... edited or not... Feel free to do so. Just bear in mind anything you do add will be in the public domain and anyone can use it anywhere.

Link to Photobucket...  http://photobucket.com/

Username:    heritageguitarpics

Password:      heritage150

Just click on the "000 Calendar Pics" link on the left hand side of the screen under the heading "Albums" to open it. Then upload your pics.

Archived