Heritage Owners Club

H-530 Pickguard. Can't decide.

skydog52

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much, Dan from MojoAxe and, especially, skydog52 for your advice and tips regarding the pickguard and installation.
BTW, besides the pickguard, I made the following mods on my H-530 since I bought it last year:
- Amber knobs
- Amber switch tip
- Amber tuner knobs
- Tonepros bridge w/nylon saddles
- Bigsby

H-530.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JayLo said:

Thank you so much, Dan from MojoAxe and, especially, skydog52 for your advice and tips regarding the pickguard and installation.
BTW, besides the pickguard, I made the following mods on my H-530 since I bought it last year:
- Amber knobs
- Amber switch tip
- Amber tuner knobs
- Tonepros bridge w/nylon saddles
- Bigsby

H-530.jpg

All the mods looks great, especially the pickguard. Did Paul tell you the trick of putting the little felt/rubber spacer under the front screw on the pickguard. I figured that out with mine, and I think it aligns much better with it. 

pg.jpg.49a61d3e783bec709f4b789fa88ced21.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Secret schuss.jpg

Whoa skydog52, did you have surgery?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 8:02 AM, MartyGrass said:

This is a H-530 with humbuckers and some special ornamentation.  

50978103622_0d03dc3170_c.jpg

Is that the one with the fat neck? I recognize the pick guard.

On 7/20/2023 at 5:08 PM, skydog52 said:

Secret schuss.jpg

I completely forgot about this thread at PSP. I was fortunate enough to converse with the team. Tales were told, myths debunked,  futures revealed, new heros and  ledgends created, however this topic did not come up.

• 1 month later...

Just got the MojoAxe pickguard with the cream and black and it looks great on my 530.  Since this guitar has an ebony board, I changed the knobs to smaller bonnet types for a more vintage look.  Thanks to Skydog for pioneering this with Dan at MojoAxe.  Really nice product that he makes there, highly recommended.  Also Yooper appears to have my guitar in its cousin form of 535, awesome finish on that one.  I do love the burnt amber color on these.

530 guard close pic.jpg

530 guard pic 1.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/15/2023 at 9:33 AM, gregcon57 said:

I just did this! I like it. it's staying~

530_PG_S.jpg

Looks great to me!

On 10/14/2023 at 1:16 AM, snowscientist said:

Just got the MojoAxe pickguard with the cream and black and it looks great on my 530.  Since this guitar has an ebony board, I changed the knobs to smaller bonnet types for a more vintage look.  Thanks to Skydog for pioneering this with Dan at MojoAxe.  Really nice product that he makes there, highly recommended.  Also Yooper appears to have my guitar in its cousin form of 535, awesome finish on that one.  I do love the burnt amber color on these.

530 guard close pic.jpg

These guitars look so much better with pickguards!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...