Heritage Owners Club

New H-535 Owner w/ Serial Number Issue

markk

Hi Folks,

I just bought a H-535 via Reverb and it arrived today. I noticed that the serial number on the headstock does not match the serial number on the sticker inside the body. I am concerned that the guitar may have an issue, or may even be counterfeit, as unlikely as that may seem. I am posting two pix to show the issue. 

I am very interested to know what you all think. I will probably call Heritage on Tuesday, so I will let you know what they say.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mark K

California

a4rd1tdoo8oulvvnjyy0.webp

yqeaxovw992nlslmwvzw.jpg

• markk changed the title to New H-535 Owner w/ Serial Number Issue

I received a H-530 with a H-535 designation on the label. Heritage sent me a corrected label and I stuck next to the original. It happens. 

4 hours ago, skydog52 said:

I received a H-530 with a H-535 designation on the label. Heritage sent me a corrected label and I stuck next to the original. It happens. 

When I bought my H150 from Wolfe guitars, it had Pearly Gates pickups in it, but Seth Lovers on the label, so yes, it happens. No big deal, as the Pearly Gates pickups didn't even last a few days in that guitar. They were seriously ice-picky! I had MJ at the Duncan Custom Shop wind some Peter Green pickups (but without the reverse magnet), so I could get a nice low output unpotted PAF style. And they sound the best of any Duncans I've tried. They are still in the guitar 10 years later!

I have a H535 that I bought new in 1998 and I swear they used a thick Sharpee to write the info on the sticker.   Great guitar but the sticker looks bad.    I called them up afterwards and sent a picture.   They apologized and sent a new sticker with the right info but it is a round one, not the kind used in ‘98 and the info was scribbled on it very sloppily.    I never changed the original sticker, it’s still in there with the big blocky Sharpee writing.   Gives it charm!   

Archived