Heritage Owners Club

What are we using?

Steiner

WELCOME to the HOC, BLS. You certainly show some awesome amps. That Orange amp is just a Tangerine amp Dream...

And I know that the Engl must seriously rock.

But I must also add that H150CM has an incredible top. And just a sweet vintage look. nice find there....

and now back to the amps....

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have dumbed down my rig considerably in the last few months. I use to gig with a Pedaltrain Pro HC running into my Mesa Maverick. Here's a pic of the board minus several pedals which I took off when I was recording.

IMG_1378.jpg

Now I'm down to my DuhVoodooMan Compressor>Lovepedal Eternity>Planet Waves Tuner>TC Electronic Modulator>Boss DD-20 going into the front of my Soldano Astroverb. Twenty watts of great tone.

DSCN0360.jpg

mnjordan - You're going to play a 575 through a high-gain amp??? Good Man! They LOVE that action :D

hubberjub - I have an Astroverb too. It's a fun amp. May you play in good health!!!

I need a Two Rock. Good luck on your quest for a 575. What are you playing currently?

I play a 2003 BRW Gibson R6, a Custom Built Strat, and an American Standard Strat.

2383803794_1a486a9fae_m.jpg3564403596_92b6e0106f_m.jpg2434966235_5641913696_m.jpg

My pedalboard currently. It's going through some changes:

2496179692_f097a69297.jpg

Two Rock!? OMG! We are NOT worthy!

I'm not worthy either!! :D

I spy some lefty geetars with that towering stack ... ?

Yes sir. Lefties unite!

mnjordan - You're going to play a 575 through a high-gain amp??? Good Man! They LOVE that action

This Two-Rock can certainly dial up some gainy Dumble tones, but its clean channel is just jaw dropping. I have never heard anything like it. I can't wait to get my big Heritage and let these two play together!

• 2 weeks later...

575-Mahogany with Benedetto B6 into:

1. '65 Twin Reverb Reissue

2. Jazzkat TwinKat

3. '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

in that order of preference.

Twin is head and shoulders my favorite. got a great deal on craigslist, so it was actually the least expensive of the three.

• 2 weeks later...
mnjordan - You're going to play a 575 through a high-gain amp??? Good Man! They LOVE that action :lol:

hubberjub - I have an Astroverb too. It's a fun amp. May you play in good health!!!

Sir of the stein, I too play a 575 as high gainly as possible. albeit I have swapped the schallers for p-rails.

Sir of the stein, I too play a 575 as high gainly as possible. albeit I have swapped the schallers for p-rails.

Rotund Robert - You always have shown good taste! Might I suggest the bogner XTC or, better yet an SLO! It is Christmas after all... And I bet you've been a very good boy. :lol:

i have now a HIWATT maxwatt G100R. well it is somthing but i want something better and something with tubes. most of the time i am playing rock/metal like guns n rosez and metallica. and i am not quite happy whit my sound.

but i am saving money to buy a good 212 cab whit some celestion vintage 30 in it. and when i have a cab that i can connect to the Hiwatt. i am going to save again a lot of money to buy a good head. but i dont know what kind of gear i want to buy. i got a H160V.

anyone some suggestions?

o those stack above me really rock's :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I changed me gear:

I know use a HOOK Captain Amp with two 1 x 12 Marshall Cabs (V 30) or two 4 x 12 Marshall Cabs (V 30) www.hookamps.com

I use pedals as follows: EHX Holier Grail, xotic BB preamp, xotic ac booster, Line 6 DL 4 (Keeley mod.), Line 6 MM 4 (Keeley mod.), MXR Dynacomp (mod.), Cry Baby Wah (mod.) with Lehle and Voodo Lab power supplies. The whole system is controlled by a gigrig switcher, no midi. www.thegigrig.com

The whole pedalboard wiring was done by tonehunter in Cologne (www.tonehunter.com) a very professional company (The owner, Ralf Reichen produced two St. Petersburg Amps for Jimmy Page some years ago).

If I wanna drive everything stereo, I use a Seymour Duncan Convertible Head as the second Amp. Than both amps are gigrig controlled.

• 2 weeks later...

got a visit from Bill Chapin, Mike Roberto, & a couple other friends the past couple of evenings. amps were amazing

- one-off Krinard take on a Trainwreck Express that Bill got & mod'd even mo' better (IMHO)

- two one-off Krinards that one friend commissioned to do various aspects of David Lindley Dumble sounds

- one friend cranked a Swart AST

- i held down bass w/my '87 Heritage through a Heritage Colonial set to run as Plexi Superbass

and more

but am pleased to say i really dig my one-off PaulC Funky Monkey, which i set up w/5881s and a rebias (& i got it a a steal)

good times!

I run a FUCHS Black Jack 21 head through one of Andy's mini 1X12 cabinets. Killer tone on its own. I just recently was turned on to creation audio lab's clean boost MK 4.23 WOW! What a difference. I also run their Holy Fire as a drive and Andy's Plush pedal to dial in a Robben Ford type tone. Very happy right now and am still tweaking (as always) But so far very happy!

I'm using mostly a '57 Fender Tweed Deluxe Custom Shop RI, no reverb which I really like, but I guess my best amp at present is this Heritage Colonial head and 2x12 slant cabinet in matching creamsicle tolex, loudest 50 watt tube amp I've ever heard. Currently using EL34's but it does the 6L6 thing really well too. Just sold my Heritage gits, but I'll probably get another soon enough.

2665105790025826331S600x600Q85.jpg

heh, right, you can't beat an old tele!!

one of the best sounds I have ever got ( that's blues talk :P ) was a cranked hiwatt DR103 thru an old fane 4x12, using a beatup white tele....I saw God that day too...I think God likes telecasters, haha

that's why HE had Leo invent them..

I play a fender 40w Hotrod DeLuxe, it was as new condition a few years back (still is) but half the cost of a new one. I wanted the Blues deluxe but was broke so I made do with what was affordable and continue to do so. It's a good amp and typical Fender, loud enough for any gig and blows your SS 100w into oblivion in a volume competition. ( was in a band where the other guitarist had a 100w marshall solid state that could not come close) I never seem to use it any louder than volume setting six even at a decent size gig. I have a 15 w Marshall practice amp which I am not impressed with as far as quality go's, it will soon be replaced with a Fender Blues Junior.

When I have some money to spend, I shall be buying a Matamp 40W head ( Extremely loud for a 40w because of the way Matamp measure their volume, will compete with a 100 w easily) and cab to go with it. Fantastic hand built quality, marine plywood cases, totally hand built, hard wired amps that will equal and beat any of the Mesa and other high end amps for less than half the price. I have played through these amps and they are as good as anything there is. Check their website out, much of what they make gets to you guys in the states. I have been to the workshop several times and seen them being built. Buy one of those and you have an amp for life.

Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash uses two of them on stage, when I saw him a year or two back his tone was to die for.

Archived