Heritage Owners Club

D'Angelico by Heritage

jaywolfe

I've just acquired a New Yorker for my Heritage collection. Heritage made a small number for Archtop Enterprises in the early 90's. They are among the finer USA crafted D'A replicas- dubbed "D'Angelico II". Mine is a sunburst NY no.1027, tap tuned by Aaron Cowles & the label is signed by the Heritage owners. I'm really pleased to finally own this beauty, which I've lusted after for many years. Some of these just didn't look quite enough like D'A's to tempt me, but this one is the best of the one's I've examined & played. I'll see if I can post a photo soon. Anyone else have one of these D'Angelico's from kal? Guess you can tell- I'm quite pleased.

Jay Wolfe

I've just acquired a New Yorker for my Heritage collection. Heritage made a small number for Archtop Enterprises in the early 90's. They are among the finer USA crafted D'A replicas- dubbed "D'Angelico II". Mine is a sunburst NY no.1027, tap tuned by Aaron Cowles & the label is signed by the Heritage owners. I'm really pleased to finally own this beauty, which I've lusted after for many years. Some of these just didn't look quite enough like D'A's to tempt me, but this one is the best of the one's I've examined & played. I'll see if I can post a photo soon. Anyone else have one of these D'Angelico's from kal? Guess you can tell- I'm quite pleased.

Jay Wolfe

napoleon.jpg

LUCKY!

its good to see a dealer with as much GAS as an HOC addict. Somehow reassuring.

"PS, still want your Howard Roberts!"

Still have it. Still too dumb to post a pic...............sigh....

JW

"PS, still want your Howard Roberts!"

Still have it. Still too dumb to post a pic...............sigh....

JW

You could always email the picture(s) to someone on the forum, send it to my email address if you like, it's in my profile.

Just click on my avatar pic and go to the bottom left of the page.

Somehow just knowing that GAS hits someone like Jay who literally owns a HUGE shop full of great gitfiddles is way too cool! Congratulations.

I hear Grant Green jamming on that gorgeous D'Angel. Incredible burst on that one!

By the way, is that a short scale?

Thanks for the pic - another interesting fork in the Heritage tale. Seems I'd read something about Heritage being involved in that project (and recall 'slate's comment on the proto-room example), but have not seen one prior to your pic.

I'm w/Scooter - a youtube of it would be waaay cool.

Didn't we see necks with D'Angelico looking headstocks in the "morgue" at PSPI? Seem to recall....

Yes we did.

img_8735_std.jpg

Archived