Heritage Owners Club

If you can only have 1 - 535 or 150?

zookroo1

I know this is completely subjective, but I thought it would be fun to see what responses would come up. If you could only have either an H535 or an H150, which do you choose? Everyone really needs to have at least 1 of each, so I understand it is a tough decision. What's the reasoning for your choice?

I know this is completely subjective, but I thought it would be fun to see what responses would come up. If you could only have either an H535 or an H150, which do you choose? Everyone really needs to have at least 1 of each, so I understand it is a tough decision. What's the reasoning for your choice?

All guitars are different even if they're the same type... But in terms of these two.. I'd choose the 535 if it was all about tone. If it was all about looking like a rock god, I'd have to say the 150.

I have the 157, not the 150, but close 'nuff in my book, and I have a 535. In my, admittedly, not particularly expert opinion I think the 535 is more versatile. Both can do rock and roll, but the 535 has a wider range of tones I can get out of it, and I think it can do more blues'y or jazzy things with it than I could with a 150. Not that I can actually do them!! But that's my 2 cents..

535 with p-90s or 150 with Throbaks..... Hell I can't decide. It's like choosing my favorite kid!

This one - 535. Enjoy both models, just more of a semi guy and there's something magical about this sunsetburst. Gets lotsa playing time. Gimme 2 guitars and add a tele to it.

gallery_409_84_73617.jpg

I don't own either one, but I do own versions of each produced by that other company formerly doing busines out of 225 Parsons Street. It would be a tough choice, but I suppose the 535 would win out, but custom ordered with Trap inlays in the fingerboard and either Lollar P90s or Low Wind Lollar Imperials.

I've gone the 150 route (uh, 157 actually like push). I really like the look of that body style. But for me the 535 is more versatile. So, count me in the H535 camp. Add a Tele and a good acoustic and you're set. Now, what I'd really like is a Prospect instead of the 535. Or possibly a Millie, which is every bit as versatile as the 535. But since the thread is 150 or 535, I'll stay with the 535.

Here's mine

535-bod-case-close2.jpg

535-bod-case-close.jpg

I'm finding that I'm playing the 535 a LOT more lately than my 157. I like the feel of the semi, the sound, and it's much easier on the ol' back!

Then again, it might be because being a young aspiring 11 year old guitar student, I LUSTED after the 335 in the glass case at Dee Wells Music studio every time I went to take lessons. It was only about $400 back then. It only took me 45 years to get one. I never paid attention to his Les Paul (Black 3 pickup custom) and the SG was the other guitar in the case, but it didn't have the same appeal.

Semi's RULE!

A P90 Millie would be the perfect compromise but they don't exist. I would go with the Semi. Thin line ES can cover blues, jazz, country and rock just not the shred, hard and power tube distorted stuff as well as a solid.

What amp would I have on this island?

I generally grab a 150. I LOVE my Gold 150 factory 2nd. The neck on it is perfect for me. Wide but sort of flat.

Plus its pretty light compared to my other 150s. I love the 535 but the pickups feel sort of weak. I am seriously considering swapping out my pickups from my Ibanez (Alnico PRO II SD) for the 59s in the 535. I really like the sound of that Ibanez and nobody is buying it so I might as well take the $200 worth of pickups out of it.

my my my... give me 2 more and I'll take SPG and Tulk's 535s. Man those are purty instruments. Tulk, is yours coming to PSP?

Randy, she's a beaut, isn't she? But alas, no, she will not be making the trip this year. It's the Millie's taking the pilgrimage this time. That 535 is a bit of a case queen, actually. I think I've had her out of the case maybe 5 times. Awesome guitar. She is def "dead mint", and intend to keep it that way. ;) When I pass it'll be "OMG, look what I found in Great Great Great (great great) Grand Uncle Kenny's closet".

A P90 Millie would be the perfect compromise but they don't exist.

My NFH almost had P90s. I was talked out of it by the dealer. Reasoning being that if I got P90s I'd have to pay extra $$s for them. But the guitar could come with stock, HRW's, Seth's, etc. And if I did put P90s in it later I'd still have the original pups, plus the P90s. Sounded reasonable to me.

What amp for the Island? Mesa Lone Star!!!

I would have to say a 535, because I love a nice blues tone..I don't have one yet, but rest assured, I will.. with P-90s for sure..My 140 will have to work for now..Just kidding, I love it..

It all depends on the kind of tone you like. Personally, I think having one of each is a better idea, but then I guess I'm a bad influence. ;)
Bad influence GOOD!! Maybe next years tax return can go to a 535 instead of doctor bills. They make too much money as it is..

Archived