Heritage Owners Club

If you can only have 1 - 535 or 150?

zookroo1

Not the easiest day at work....so

Can we stop these kinds of posts?

What would your rather have if you only had one arm? Left or Right.

;)

What's the point?

My right arm. I only use my left for scratching my head. I could adapt.

My right arm. I only use my left for scratching my head. I could adapt.

So your left is redundant?

If you have a 150 is the 535 redundant, or is a 150 redundant if you have a 535?

It would be the 535 for me. Wide range of tones and can play from rock to blues to jazz. I just sold mine.....made a decision between my 535 and my Prospect. I liked the smaller bout better, but everything else was basically the same.......I consider it to be a 535 "Mini Me".

Jim C

I've never owned a 535. I have a 555, 157 and DC Milly. I play the 555 by far the most.

I like how it feels and the tone is all I can ask for.

post-194-1246046870_thumb.jpg

Since we're just sittin' round the ole pickle barrel talkin' bout gitfiddles (and not politics, religion or real serious shiit), I'd go for a 535. Probably one of the most versatile instrument configurations ever made.

The funny thing about this type of thread, is that none of us would EVER settle for just one guitar.

Would one of you guys hand me another one of those pickles please! :D

Sore fingers - played the Sat morning music fun club on acoustic this morning for a couple hours, then tonight for 5 on the electrics. Fun gig outside on the patio sitting in for the house band, bbq, lotsa bikers, lotsa fun. Had the typical 535 and tele ready to load in the car then changed the tele out for the 150. Played the 535 for most of the night, but broke out the 150 for the last set and wow was that fun. It's tighter, fuller... more powerful... we were laying back doing lighter material and it worked really well.

So if could have only one... would figure out a way to get the other as soon as possible.

I usually grab my 150LW before my 555. Heck, that may be coming up for sale soon as well.

I'll make you the same offer as I did Kuz on his Eagle.

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...20&start=20

Would one of you guys hand me another one of those pickles please! :D

Seeing as that you are from the Bay area I don't like the sound of this. I will stick with pizza............. Hold the fish!

gigged last night with a fella had a 535 & a 150. he played the 535 the whole time and played beautifully, through a Rivera-era Deluxe II. it's not often i get a chance to appreciate those sounds - definitely more versatile tone-wise, tho less ergonomically suited for me. being basically an LP guy from way back ('68 or so), it definitely had me thinkin' i'll haul out the millie dc (see avatar) today for some practicizing...so, i agree w/fxdx99 above. body style not being an issue, i'd go w/the 535 - but figure out a way to land a 150/7 right after...

:D

Seeing as that you are from the Bay area I don't like the sound of this. I will stick with pizza............. Hold the fish!

Break out your Goldtop 535, Bird. We could play the theme song to "Broke Back Mountain" while chompin' on big dills.

Ready...A one, and a two, and a...three... :D

Break out your Goldtop 535, Bird. We could play the theme song to "Broke Back Mountain" while chompin' on big dills.

Ready...A one, and a two, and a...three... :D

vlassic.jpg

I've gone the 150 route (uh, 157 actually like push). I really like the look of that body style. But for me the 535 is more versatile. So, count me in the H535 camp. Add a Tele and a good acoustic and you're set. Now, what I'd really like is a Prospect instead of the 535. Or possibly a Millie, which is every bit as versatile as the 535. But since the thread is 150 or 535, I'll stay with the 535.

Here's mine

535-bod-case-close2.jpg

535-bod-case-close.jpg

D A M that's a nice 535 Thanks for the pics Al B

Well, I couldn't decide - so now I own both models. A 535 year 2007 with Seth Lovers. And I recently added a Limited Edition H-150 DLX. #113 of 150 built beginning of 1994. However, I would agree with others on this string, that the 535 is more versatile, and also the one getting most of my playing time. A will post pictures shortly.

Heh FreshMattyp - those are some cool pics!! Excellent shot of you w/your awesomely finished 535 cranking out a, what, nice open G? And wonderful humor w/the 'reality' shot. I recognize that one as it's all too familiar (and on much smaller stages)...

Heh FreshMattyp - those are some cool pics!! Excellent shot of you w/your awesomely finished 535 cranking out a, what, nice open G? And wonderful humor w/the 'reality' shot. I recognize that one as it's all too familiar (and on much smaller stages)...

I believe we were playing Cinnamon Girl at the time. Almond Sunburst really looks fantastic in the sunshine.

I have played for fewer people, but never on a stage that big. We got the whole rockstar treatment, our own dressing room, stagehands, the works.

Archived